Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's a nice catch!!!!

Comment

Sweet catch Chunky! Looks like the fly rod is goin in the car for the trip to the ranch

Comment

Nice bass look up the ghost minnow i caught some nice bass on that pattern

Comment

WOW!!!! that is a nice bass! That is awesome! I have a huge grin on my face.

That hopper is definately a bass killer. I caught another bass on it last night at the Y. He wasn't the bigger guy I was after, but I think the water temps were a bit too high for the area I was casting (shallow.)

I tied that hopper specifically for bass. It's a #8 hook and I've caught only bass with it too. For surface feeding sunfish, I am going to try a gulper. I'll try posting a picture, but it is essentially a smaller bodied fly with no foam beyond the hook.

I'll try the longer hook idea too, cause it won't cost but a dime to try. Next time I'm at academy, I'll pick up some cricket hooks (longer) and tie a few that have the hook at the end and see if I can hook up a big gill or two. I may do that for Jacob who would be happy to land anything.

Comment

With Mark having success and me landing another bass with it... I think it is safe to say this pattern is a keeper.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406127868458.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	24317811

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              With Mark having success and me landing another bass with it... I think it is safe to say this pattern is a keeper.

[ATTACH]636807[/ATTACH]
              Yes it is!

Comment

I want to go fishing with yall, Where are yall close to....

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                  Nice bass look up the ghost minnow i caught some nice bass on that pattern
                  Thanks, I will try one soon. I am mostly fishing dry stuff on top water now. Hard enough for me when I can see what is going on.

Comment

Originally posted by BowBuddy View Post
                    I want to go fishing with yall, Where are yall close to....
                    We are north of Houston. Mark and I live about an hour and a half drive away from each other, and meet in the middle to fish. The Woodland's township has a ton of small community ponds all over and we've been checking those out.

Now, I am envious of where you are at Paul. Being in San Antonio, you are just a short drive from all the clear rivers and streams, etc. At some point, probably after WT season, I'll want to try a trip out your way just to fish for trout below Lake Canyon, or the bass everywhere else.

Comment

Do you have an 8 wt rod red drum are a blast on a fly rod. The flies are simple too

Comment

Yes, my rod is an 8 wt. Perhaps we can do a TBH fly fishing weekend some time and rent a beach house or something. I have very limited saltwater experience, but would love to fight a big redfish.

Comment

I recommend you bring a regular bay rod too it gets to windy sometimes for fly gear

Comment

If the wind permits i love fly rodding for reds.with a six weight

Comment

Here are my adaptations on a gurgler.

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406161022108.jpg
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	24317890

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1406161046097.jpg
Size:	30.4 KB
ID:	24317891