Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
    What implement are you using?
    It's a garden bedder. I have one from Everything Attatchments.

Tractor 3 Point hitch Garden Bedder raised bed making attachment uses your worked ground directing it to an elevated mound Everything Attachments Made in USA

Comment

Originally posted by More Liberty View Post
      What implement are you using?

www.everythingattachments.com It is a bedder. Being a John Deere freak, I had to paint that ugly sucker John Deere Green so it would fit my tractor.

I watched his videos and got it all adjusted last season. This year I just raised the little center row plow that makes the groove for planting up out of the way. Wife wanted the rows as high as possible so maybe her stuff wouldn't drown in case the rain continues... It took some trial and error to get it adjusted just right, but once done, it is very easy to use. I have a cultivator that I've used for making rows too, but this thing is SO much easier. It works like a champ.

Dang "r'nman" U quikk!!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
        https://www.everythingattachments.co...gb50deluxe.htm

www.everythingattachments.com It is a bedder. Being a John Deere freak, I had to paint that ugly sucker John Deere Green so it would fit my tractor.

I watched his videos and got it all adjusted last season. This year I just raised the little center row plow that makes the groove for planting up out of the way. Wife wanted the rows as high as possible so maybe her stuff wouldn't drown in case the rain continues... It took some trial and error to get it adjusted just right, but once done, it is very easy to use. I have a cultivator that I've used for making rows too, but this thing is SO much easier. It works like a champ.

Dang "r'nman" U quikk!!

They are very well worth the money for sure.

Comment

I did raised beds this year. Just can't get up and down like I used to plus with all of the stray cats my ground based garden was just becoming a community litter box lol.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Black Gold View Post
            Anyone here grow tomatillos?
            Trying for the first time this year.

Comment

Well after adding some compost from our bin a couple weeks ago I now have some tomatoes and what I’m assuming are cantaloupe growing. 3 of my broccoli are still going strong, one of them flowered and went to seed without ever producing but that’s okay I’ll take it seeding the area over nothing. Onions have been small but strong. Still trying to decide what else to put in.

Reported the wife’s lemon tree to a much bigger container so hopefully we’ll get some good growth

Comment

Got the raised beds built last week. Planning on getting soil tonight to fill. Next is the planting I plan on the basics tomatoes, peppers from plants. As for squash, zucchini, cucumbers, okra, green beans is it better to do plants or from seed?

Comment

2018 Gardening thread

Well, I intended to get the seedlings today, but things got in the way. Hopefully the rain holds off tomorrow and I can get them in the ground. The pollinator bed is coming up nicely.... the blooming flowers are all perineal, and the seedlings are Texas/Oklahoma, and Colorado wildflowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Better cover them gardens up if you can. Bad 3 days coming!

Comment

I see a lot of y'all covering your gardens with hay. What is the overall consensus on this school of thought? I've heard good and bad. What type of hay do y'all use?

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                        I see a lot of y'all covering your gardens with hay. What is the overall consensus on this school of thought? I've heard good and bad. What type of hay do y'all use?

Hoggslayer

Any kind of mulch will be a benefit. Weed suppression, moisture retention, and soil temp reducing. I started with 2” of compost, and will top dress with mulched leafmold once plants are big enough.

Comment

Originally posted by IkemanTX View Post
                          Any kind of mulch will be a benefit. Weed suppression, moisture retention, and soil temp reducing. I started with 2” of compost, and will top dress with mulched leafmold once plants are big enough.

I understand the concept of mulch but I was specifically asking about the Hay.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                            I understand the concept of mulch but I was specifically asking about the Hay.

Hoggslayer
                            Curious as well.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

My experience with using regular old hay (coastal hay) is that it is full of "hayseeds"... You'll be fighting grass in the garden or anywhere you use hay for "mulch". Straw will work, but still will have some seeding from its use.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                                My experience with using regular old hay (coastal hay) is that it is full of "hayseeds"... You'll be fighting grass in the garden or anywhere you use hay for "mulch". Straw will work, but still will have some seeding from its use.
                                Thanks Slick, thats the bad part that I've heard about. Just wondering if anyone has had success?

Hoggslayer

Comment

Working...
                                X