X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

now opening 4 gates on mansfield dam.

Comment

Originally posted by Still Hunter View Post
      Good Lord! If that is the case then I assume there is even more cause for concern for the Llano River Bridge in Llano over the river. It is already been at the base of that bridge!
      The gauge I’m looking at shows that it crested in Llano at 7:25 am and has slowly dropped almost 6’ since then. Now sitting at 34.05’. With this new water coming down from upstream mixing with all the smaller tributaries still flowing in closer to Llano I’m not sure how much it will affect it. I’m praying it won’t add much to the already terrible situation.

Comment

The bridge is closed here in town and the community is segregated by low water. There’s a vehicle under water next to my house that was rescued before daylight. You can hear the roar of the river at my house. It’s pretty wild.

Comment

Originally posted by 1369 View Post
          Man, that's one big slug of water headed for Canyon Lake...

[ATTACH]929188[/ATTACH]

Link
          Yep.

Just remember if you see it that the Llano had 6 times that much this morning at 280k+ CFS

Comment

Originally posted by speck1 View Post
            Our place is on the Johnson Fork out of Segovia. The South Llano has forced water up the Johnson Fork. Sounds like we have lost everything. Hopefully our neighbors got out in time. Terrible situation for all involved.
            Sorry for your loss. Praying neighbors got out in time.

Comment

I have followed the flow rate of all the rivers in the hill country for many years, it's part of what I do for a living. I don't think this will end well for Austin. There is just too much water coming into the basin. Even small feeder creeks that rarely see 1,000 cfs on big floods are flowing at 20,000 cfs. The rain has been so wide spread that the entire basin is flooded. Many of the past floods have been big rains in smaller areas. There is still so much water that will have to come through LBJ, Lake Travis and Lake Austin. I don't see how they can manage it with out flooding at least one of those lakes. It will be interesting to see if they decide to flood out one and safe houses on the other two or just let them all come up the same.
              This will not end well.

Comment

LCRA’s Hydromet is a system of more than 275 automated river and weather gauges throughout the lower Colorado River basin in Texas. The Hydromet provides near-real-time data* on streamflow, river stage, rainfall totals, temperature and humidity.

Is the best way to see the volume of water still in the basin. Scroll in and you can see all the feeder streams.

Comment

Originally posted by Jake View Post
                  I have followed the flow rate of all the rivers in the hill country for many years, it's part of what I do for a living. I don't think this will end well for Austin. There is just too much water coming into the basin. Even small feeder creeks that rarely see 1,000 cfs on big floods are flowing at 20,000 cfs. The rain has been so wide spread that the entire basin is flooded. Many of the past floods have been big rains in smaller areas. There is still so much water that will have to come through LBJ, Lake Travis and Lake Austin. I don't see how they can manage it with out flooding at least one of those lakes. It will be interesting to see if they decide to flood out one and safe houses on the other two or just let them all come up the same.
                  This will not end well.
                  This is not very encouraging. The weather forecast is predicting more rain for the next few days.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                    After the flood last time (normal level)

Our river house in llano now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Sorry to see you guys get flooded at your river house Rod. Prayers sent for you and Courtney. When the water recedes and you start to clean up I could make some time to come help.

Comment

They are saying LT to rise to 690-695. @ 695 that is only 19ft from the spillway at Mansfield. Any additional rain this week and we will quickly approach the Record Christmas flood of 1991.

Sent from my TA-1004 using Tapatalk

Comment

KVUE news here in Austin has had a reporter at Starcke Dam spillway, they having showing some of the debris going over the spillway. Large boat dock went over several jet skis, kayaks, and just now a large storage shed. Unreal what this flooding is doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mertzon Man View Post
                          Sorry to see you guys get flooded at your river house Rod. Prayers sent for you and Courtney. When the water recedes and you start to clean up I could make some time to come help.

Same here man. Hate to see it. Harvey messed my mind up of what i saw as unbelievable. Hang in there and please stay safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Does anyone know how bad it is where the James River comes in contact with the Llano south of Mason? Probably a stupid question, but I have a buddy that owns an RV park there.

Comment

wow. prayers sent

Comment

Working...
                                X