Active shooter on Texas Tech campus.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers up for the officer's family and friends,

Get a rope and find a tree for the shooter.

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
      I hate when the term Active Shooter is used when it is actually just a shooting.
      Yes sir^^^^^*
      No offense to the OP
      But active shooter is getting as bad a raciest

Comment

Prayers up for the officer and his family! A terrible descision was made that will cost two people the rest of their lives. I believe they need to lay the book down on this kid and make an example of him. Society's expectations and norms have lowered to the point that changes have to be made and accountability needs to be placed on individuals to be responsible for their actions.

Comment

Prayers up for the Officer and his Family and Friends.

Comment

Originally posted by jabel View Post
            Since he lived in the dorm, they probably thought he didn’t have one on himself as they are illegal in the dorms.
            So are drugs ... which is why he was originally taken in.

Comment

Prayers for the officers family

Comment

Suspect admitted to killing the officer, they have the body cam that was missing from the officer, but he was shot with a 45 and the fallen officer's gun was still in his holster. The suspect was also not handcuffed. Another officer was in the room, but left and that is when he heard the shot.

Comment

Comment

I had posted another OP, did not know this one was up before. TTU PD was my last LEO department I worked for while working on my Masters years past. There is so much more that goes on "behind the scenes," many would be shocked...on any campus. At least back then, there were several fellow officers who were also working on post-grad degrees, but always took their oath to serve and protect with dedication to all.

Very sad to hear and the entire Law Enforcement community in Lubbock is in mourning for a fellow officer.. end of watch. Gog bless.......

Comment

Very sad, indeed. Every LEO has made more than one mistake when dealing with the public, but that happens when you are trying to not come across too business-like, gruff, or whatever. It is sometimes hard to think "safety" first without generating discourtesy or worse complaints.

Like Kuma said, there are lots that go on in a campus atmosphere that many believe is "wonderland" and that "junior" is a fine, up coming, gentleman.

My thoughts are with the officer's families, personal and professional.

Comment

I have several friends from the old days...various LEO departments, that posted on FB their support for TTU PD and their anguish for the loss of a brother last night. It sure brings back memories of past years, but just reinforces my admiration and pride for those who defend the "line."

I'm sure many if not most of us have stories of "mistakes" while enforcing the law that cost the ultimate sacrifice? I personally know of an incident that cost a DPS Trooper his life many years ago as well? LEO's are human, prone to mistakes, but that's just it...we all make mistakes but sometimes it's your last.

Be aware, stay vigilant and protect.....

Comment

I'd give a weeks pay to flip the switch on him. Stupid pos !

Comment

Working...
                          X