Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

May be moving to Dallas...Need some advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

May be moving to Dallas...Need some advice.

I might be taking a job in Addison Texas. Would need to plug in pretty quick so I'm looking for an inexpensive place to rent until I decide to put down roots.

Addison is kinda pricey so I looked around in Carrolton and Farmer's Branch. Any other suggestions on where I could look for a short term (3-6 months)?

You might try Richardson.

Comment

How far of a drive are you willing to make? To get inexpensive you are probably going to have to go 45 min to an hour out to get out more rural.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'm willing to drive up to an hour but would prefer 30-45min.

I wanted to make it out to Richardson and may look there in the next week or so.

Comment

I don't know what's inexpensive to you, but once you get north of US-380 things get a little more rural. Aubrey, Pilot Point, Celina, etc

Comment

Not to get too personal, but there’s a lot to consider, house/apartment, monthly rent amount, location, preferences, schools if u have kids, etc. i live off preston just north of addison in a 3/2 home in a quiet neighborhood for $1900...i feel that’s super reasonable considering the size and location. So definitely look around...and don’t be scared by the reputation of some areas...

Comment

Little Elm/ Crossroads might be options as well. Lots of town homes and apartments around.

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                Not to get too personal, but there’s a lot to consider, house/apartment, monthly rent amount, location, preferences, schools if u have kids, etc. i live off preston just north of addison in a 3/2 home in a quiet neighborhood for $1900...i feel that’s super reasonable considering the size and location. So definitely look around...and don’t be scared by the reputation of some areas...
                Thanks for the tips thus far.

In answer to your question, here's the low down;

No kids...All grown up.
                I'll be moving there by myself first to get going with the job.
                Want to live simple (minimalist efficiency type) until I get settled.
                Not opposed to a garage apartment.
                Will be driving back to San Antonio on weekends so not too far north of Addison is better.

Comment

I think it is a requirement everyone who moves to Dallas to live in “The Village” - the Greenville Ave/Lovers Ln area. LOL

A bunch of apartments and close to the SMU campus. [emoji106] Probably about a 10 to 60 minute drive to Addison, depending upon how many wrecks are on 75.

Comment

We live in The Colony, two blocks from the lake and we love it here. and there are a ton of new businesses like restaurants and new sporting goods store Scheels.

Comment

Don't

Comment

I live in Rowlett which is east of Dallas and drive to Addison every day. Takes me about an hour taking the back roads or 35-45 if I take the tollway. Semi-inexpensive to rent a house or apartment in that area with tons of places to eat.

Comment

Mesquite if you can speak spanish

Comment

Originally posted by huntmaster View Post
                            Mesquite if you can speak spanish
                            Que?

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw_6 View Post
                              I think it is a requirement everyone who moves to Dallas to live in “The Village” - the Greenville Ave/Lovers Ln area. LOL

A bunch of apartments and close to the SMU campus. [emoji106] Probably about a 10 to 60 minute drive to Addison, depending upon how many wrecks are on 75.
                              Lol so true. I lived there most of my Smu days and 30+ years later my son lives there now.

Comment

Working...
                              X