Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any engravers in the houston area??

Comment

Im pretty sure I was given this business card at the gun shop where I bought my can when I asked about engraving.

You might want to give them a call and see what they can offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have been to Pete's shop. I have shot his rifles. His work is impressive.

Pete has the cleanest shop I have ever seen. He is a great guy and his thread jobs are impressive

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TXChickenRanch View Post
          Any engravers in the houston area??

Comment

Originally posted by texag93 View Post
            Or just buy a factory SBR [emoji1417]
            Old thread but I've got a question on engraving... Bought a Stag Arms .300 BO w/ 8.5" barrel. Currently awaiting F1/F4. Was told at the shop that most people don't actually engrave the lower. But then everywhere I searched, people were talking about how big of a deal it is to have it engraved... So the distinction is that I don't have to because I bought a complete SBR? Of course, it's got a pistol buffer until approval. I don't want to engrave my trust info onto the lower if I don't have to. I'll have a copy of the trust in it's case anyway.

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
              Old thread but I've got a question on engraving... Bought a Stag Arms .300 BO w/ 8.5" barrel. Currently awaiting F1/F4. Was told at the shop that most people don't actually engrave the lower. But then everywhere I searched, people were talking about how big of a deal it is to have it engraved... So the distinction is that I don't have to because I bought a complete SBR? Of course, it's got a pistol buffer until approval. I don't want to engrave my trust info onto the lower if I don't have to. I'll have a copy of the trust in it's case anyway.

TIA

Not entirely sure this is correct, but if you are buying the firearm as a complete SBR the. (I think) the manufacturer (Stag Arms) would have already registered it as an SBR IF it was originally sold by Stag Arms as an SBR. Otherwise the person or company that “manufactures” (assembles) it into SBR form is responsible for the engraving/registering.

My SBR is built on a Spikes lower which was just a bare lower when I bought it, never been built into a pistol, rifle, or SBR. Because I was the first one who caused that lower to become an SBR, I was considered the “manufacturer” and had to engrave my info on it. Had I bought a lower that had already been registered as an SBR, I still would have had to pay the tax and send in the form, but I would only be transferring ownership, not manufacturing a new SBR.

Like I said I could be wrong but I think that’s how it works.

Comment

TIA
                You purchased it as a Pistol and the form would have been and F1.

Engrave it.

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                  Not entirely sure this is correct, but if you are buying the firearm as a complete SBR the. (I think) the manufacturer (Stag Arms) would have already registered it as an SBR IF it was originally sold by Stag Arms as an SBR. Otherwise the person or company that “manufactures” (assembles) it into SBR form is responsible for the engraving/registering.

My SBR is built on a Spikes lower which was just a bare lower when I bought it, never been built into a pistol, rifle, or SBR. Because I was the first one who caused that lower to become an SBR, I was considered the “manufacturer” and had to engrave my info on it. Had I bought a lower that had already been registered as an SBR, I still would have had to pay the tax and send in the form, but I would only be transferring ownership, not manufacturing a new SBR.

Like I said I could be wrong but I think that’s how it works.
                  Now that I think about it, that was a pretty silly question. he had uppers and lowers for sale. Bought a stag lower and complete stag upper w/ 8.5' barrel. Duh. Still confused by his reply when asked about when to do my engraving. "Nobody actually does that." Hmm... Seems like a pretty big deal to not have it engraved

Comment

TIA
                    If you did not MFG it you do not have to engrave it.

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                      If you did not MFG it you do not have to engrave it.
                      Woah wait a minute... That seems to contradict what the others are saying. Right?? I bought a complete lower, a complete upper, and slapped it together with two pins right there in the shop.

Comment

Woah wait a minute... That seems to contradict what the others are saying. Right?? I bought a complete lower, a complete upper, and slapped it together with two pins right there in the shop.
                        If it WAS NOT and SBR PRIOR to you slapping it together.........YOU MFGd IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Outbreaker View Post
                          If it WAS NOT and SBR PRIOR to you slapping it together.........YOU MFGd IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          If I knew the answer to my question, I wouldn't be asking it "dude". Chill out.

But thanks.

Comment

If I knew the answer to my question, I wouldn't be asking it "dude". Chill out.

But thanks.
                            If it came from the factory as an SBR, it does not require engraving. That is not the case with you. You will be "manufacturing" the SBR. There actually are people who claim it still doesn't require engraving, and that is not a game worth playing. Get it engraved.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
                              If it came from the factory as an SBR, it does not require engraving. That is not the case with you. You will be "manufacturing" the SBR. There actually are people who claim it still doesn't require engraving, and that is not a game worth playing. Get it engraved.
                              I agree. Thanks. I understand the idea. I was simply confused by the comment from the OWNER of the gunshop. Seems horribly irresponsible of him.

Comment

Is this true: I’ve always heard that if you have it engraved before approval you can have anyone engrave it without you present. Once it’s approved you need to be present since it is a registered NFA item. Or a Class 3/SOT can do it. Is that right?

Comment

Working...
                                X