No announcement yet.

Planting trees and habitat improvement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here is one of the first trees we planted.

Comment

Great thread, really cool project.

Comment

Nice thread.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Thanks for posting! Looking good!

Comment

Wanting in again this year when you order. I also got some from a different source this year and they are looking sad. Maybe from a lack of rain the last couple of months.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                Wanting in again this year when you order. I also got some from a different source this year and they are looking sad. Maybe from a lack of rain the last couple of months.
                I'll let you know when I order.

Comment

i also bought from another source earlier this year, but bought more mature trees and strategically placed them with tree tubes.

the unlimited rain we had in the spring got one that was under water for days, but the others are 3.5-4' tall and will probably top the 5 foot tree tubes next year sometimes.

tree tubes have really helped me control the deer and grasshoppers, not to mention the guy who mows our hay

Comment

Most equipment here now. Dozer has been clearing and I think they will start moving dirt tomorrow

Comment

After budget and dreams were at conflict, looks like 2.5 to 3 acres is closer what it will be. First survey was 6 acres pond, but 38K yards of dirt to be moved!!!!!

Comment

I have planted pecan, sawtooth and persimmon trees and lost about 1/2 of what was planted but the ones that have made it look good (about 6 to 7' tall now) going into this fall. Like you I, I built a 3.5 acre pond completed last Nov. Cleared 6and a half acres to get the 3.5 acre pond. It has been a great addition to my place. Not cheep though. But I had my first flight of ducks yesterday set down on the water. Ponds are great if no leaks. Mr Otto will do a good job, he has a good reputation. enjoy

Comment

Awesome thread!

Comment

Here is a current Google Earth pic showing the trees. There are 6 rows going down two sides of the field.

Comment

Looking good!!! One day I'll be in your shoes!!

Comment

Moving some dirt today. Scraper has scraped about 3 feet today.

Comment

Working...
                                X