Looking good!

Comment

Awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Out with the old, in with the new.

Comment

Got the new HD springs installed, HUGE difference from the worn out stock springs. Much better ride! Don’t think I’ll be doing the 4 link for link unless it’s horrible off-road.

Now, for the motor... put the cart in reverse to roll it out of the garage ... the tires squeeled! [emoji16] wasn’t ready for that much torque!! Definitely have to get used to the new throttle inputs. Gained about 9mph top speed as well, win win! Can’t complain.

Comment

I have the HD springs on my cart and it rides like a chuck wagon on my rocky hill country lease. Im thinking building another cart to keep there with a 4 link and long travel. Have you seen any 4 link kits for carts all I've seen are home made.

Comment

Golf Cart Build

Actually thought really hard about a 4 link and I’ve been in touch with someone who’s done it.

It’s really not that hard and would run around $400-$500 depending on which shocks you go with.

Parts list:

Here’s his setup with air shocks and 4 link.

Comment

I may have to consider that motor upgrade. My cart has plenty of torque with a 10hp motor and 700 amp controller but 15mph tops on a good day.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                    I may have to consider that motor upgrade. My cart has plenty of torque with a 10hp motor and 700 amp controller but 15mph tops on a good day.

Can’t imagine the cart having more torque than what it has, as it have to ease in to the throttle to avoid the front coming off the ground. The speed is nice around the neighborhood, but doubt I’ll use it on the ranch... unless I upgrade to the 4 link!

The A2 is not considered admirals torque motor, it’s supposed to be a balance of torque and speed. Their torque motor is the A4, which I was really debating on buying for $100 more. The A2 is more than enough for my needs for sure.

Comment

Golf Cart Build

Originally posted by Mike D View Post

What controller do you have? Are you running 1ga cables with that setup?

I know someone who’s running this same 400a controller and and motor with a lithium setup get mid 30s with a range of 60+ miles.

Last edited by stxhunter; 11-10-2019, 06:39 PM.

Comment

Golf Cart Build

Dup

Comment

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                          Actually thought really hard about a 4 link and I’ve been in touch with someone who’s done it.

It’s really not that hard and would run around $400-$500 depending on which shocks you go with.

Parts list:

Here’s his setup with air shocks and 4 link.

Thanks, that looks similar to the 4 link im putting on my 32 coupe, should be easy enough to build

Comment

Golf Cart Build

Went riding around the neighborhood the other day and melted (around the connectors) my stock cables and the solenoid went out on me. Was told I could probably get by without changing the cables.

Decided to go with 2ga welding cables and put in another HD solenoid. Also changed out the throttle map on the controller to get a more gradual/linear application of the throttle. It was too jumpy when trying to go slow. I was always finding myself peeling rubber in the garage trying to back up!

Out with the old, in with the new!

Comment

Golf Cart Build

Originally posted by stxhunter View Post
                              What controller do you have? Are you running 1ga cables with that setup?

I know someone who’s running this same 400a controller and and motor with a lithium setup get mid 30s with a range of 60+ miles.

It’s apparently not a well known controller.

This is the D&D motor I have. The guy who built the cart swears it has run over 20mph before but I’ve never seen it even downhill with a good tailwind. Even the guy I spoke
                              to at D&D said 15-16mph tops with 22” tires.

My cables are 1/0.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Never heard of that controller. The motor though is supposed to be a pretty good one. If you wanted more speed and keep your torque you could switch out to the Admiral A4, should get low to mid 20s on the torque setting.

Even though I’m on the A2 motor, which is more of a “speed” motor, I changed my throttle map. With the way it was set originally I could lift the front off the ground just a bit. Kinda fun, but not practical while driving around. Not sure how much more torque the A4 has, or how much you need, but I can’t imaging needing more than I’ve already got.

With the Alltrax controllers you can set multiple throttle maps and move through them as needed. If you had a situation where you needed more torque or speed, you could easily switch between them.

Comment

Working...
                                X