No announcement yet.

Amistad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is anyone planning for exotics on the weekend of SEPT 26th? I'm heading that way.

Comment

Originally posted by gregfrancescon View Post
      Is anyone planning for exotics on the weekend of SEPT 26th? I'm heading that way.
      When you say exotics are you referring to mouflon??

Comment

Originally posted by gregfrancescon View Post
        Dancers?

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          When you say exotics are you referring to mouflon??
          Mouflon or dancers. That's personal preference. I was thinking sheep though

Comment

^^^^
            There should be plenty of them running around at least for a few weeks until the pressure pushes them onto private land. good that you are making an early trip cause they will be extremely spooky after about a month. It will be interesting as to where they end up this year as there is not much browse in the usual areas they hang out.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              ^^^^
              There should be plenty of them running around at least for a few weeks until the pressure pushes them onto private land. good that you are making an early trip cause they will be extremely spooky after about a month. It will be interesting as to where they end up this year as there is not much browse in the usual areas they hang out.
              I hunted 5 last year on the last weekend. They were moving onto the private to the west. I was hoping to get out to that spot early and see if the hunters would push them my way.

Comment

We got exotic dancing sheep going on?

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                  We got exotic dancing sheep going on?
                  It’s the border. Anything can happen.

Comment

Good luck to all coming out to hunt Amistad this year. The 454 boat ramp is open however the 454/San Pedro camp grounds are closed. I cruised around the hunting areas and there are multiple vehicles out there. Pressure might be heavy is opening week.

The word I am hearing about area 5 is that a lot of the mouflon have already been driven on to public land. There are a lot of sheep so there should still be some roaming in the hunttable area.

Comment

Thanks for the report!
                      San Pedro closed for lack of use again? Such a bogus reason to close a campground, not like it costs anything to leave the gate open. I prefer being the only one in there.

Comment

I think my buddy and I shot the last one still in area 5. Hahahaha

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Congrats! Awesome!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                            I think my buddy and I shot the last one still in area 5. Hahahaha
                            Congrats!!! Awesome sheep!!!! Did y'all see a good number of sheep?
                            Congrats!!! Awesome sheep!!!! Did y'all see a good number of sheep?

Comment

Yall keep pushing those rams west of hunt area 5. Much appreciated

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Comment

No, we got there early morning and it was hard to find them. It is not like is was years ago when there were sheep all over the place. It definitely is not what it used to be, not even close.

Comment

Working...
                                X