No announcement yet.

Yildiz 20 ga

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My son bought a Yildiz and it lasted 4 shots of dove loads. Academy did right by taking it back and getting it repaired, but my son lost all interest in the gun. Got him a Remmy instead. But, YMMV

Comment

Good for the money and a great loaner

Comment

Originally posted by joel45acp View Post
        My son bought a Yildiz and it lasted 4 shots of dove loads. Academy did right by taking it back and getting it repaired, but my son lost all interest in the gun. Got him a Remmy instead. But, YMMV
        Do you still have it? Does it work properly and are you willing to sell it??

Comment

Only problem with them is the recoil. Not sure why they kick so bad but they will flat out work on you. We have 2 20s for our 4H shotgun team. Mechanically they are good guns but we have had to add Mercury tubes and Gra-coil butts on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve had a 20 for 10+ years and have zero complaints. Thousands of rounds through it and not a single mechanical malfunction.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
              Do you still have it? Does it work properly and are you willing to sell it??
              Yup, text me at 18307084486

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                Everyone knows to kill a dove you need a Benelli Superblack Eagle 3.

I own a Yildiz 20 and coupled with a Briley light modified choke, it's a dove killin, clay busting machine! No issues in the 4 years I've owned it.

Same set up as mine. That LM extended choke is the ticket.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                  Only problem with them is the recoil. Not sure why they kick so bad but they will flat out work on you. We have 2 20s for our 4H shotgun team. Mechanically they are good guns but we have had to add Mercury tubes and Gra-coil butts on them.

They kick solud because they are aluminum instead of steel and weigh in at under 6 lbs for the 20 ga. There’s just not enough weight to absorb the recoil

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post

Tell me about the tubes. Self install or needs a Smith?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We have 3. 2 of them were shot in competition by my sons and easily have 5000 rounds fired.

Never a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        Tell me about the tubes. Self install or needs a Smith?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You can install yourself.

Comment

I’ve got the youth model in 20ga. I love that thing. Points super easy & I can follow lot easier with it than my Yeildz.410

Comment

I wish they had a 30" barrel

Comment

Had one for a very long time, Easily saw 8k or maybe more rounds through it before I sold it. Not one hiccup ever, solid gun. If you plan on shooting a bunch maybe add a recoil pad.

Comment

Light gun, higher recoil....but everybody I know that has them, except 1 person loves them.... and that was a 20 owned by a lady.

For the money it is hard to beat in an O/U....

Comment

Working...
                                X