Spring has sprung !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
    You should've got another round last night as well.. I am not far from you in Apple Springs and our I/c peas are looking great! Planted a month ago. First time planting spring plots, don't think it will be my last
    Got any pics ?

Comment

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      We getting rain
      Great ! Hard to get too much unless you work dirt for a living or live in a creek bottom !

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post

I got just about everything planted out here. Milo, sun flowers, sun hemp, black beans, bush beans, okra, black eyed peas and pinto beans... plus some old garden stuff. Finally got some good rain on it. I planted a little later and have been missing the rain

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        I might should have planted a little earlier myself, but planting on three different properties keeps me spread out, especially since I'm usually doing it all by myself. Yours looks good !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          Got any pics ?
          yes, let me see if I can get a couple to upload

Comment

[ATTACH][ATTACH]855273[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
            Attached Files

Comment

Seems like I've seen those before ? Peas look good ! FYI, you can kill that grass in your peas by spraying with Clethodim and it won't hurt the peas. Won't kill weeds, but it will kill the grasses. It takes a little time to work, and needs to be sprayed when grasses are growing but not mature. Pretty good for a first timer !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                Seems like I've seen those before ? Peas look good ! FYI, you can kill that grass in your peas by spraying with Clethodim and it won't hurt the peas. Won't kill weeds, but it will kill the grasses. It takes a little time to work, and needs to be sprayed when grasses are growing but not mature. Pretty good for a first timer !
                Thank you sir. I will have to give that a try. I ddnt take pics of all of them but we planted 6 smaller plots.. The deer are hitting some a little too hard to soon and they ddnt take off as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bollomb View Post
                  Thank you sir. I will have to give that a try. I ddnt take pics of all of them but we planted 6 smaller plots.. The deer are hitting some a little too hard to soon and they ddnt take off as well.
                  My first attempt with I/C peas was a disaster ! Planted one sack in about three different plots. The deer ate them to the ground. So I decided to go big or go home. Since establishing some clover plots to help take the pressure off the peas, and planting about 2.5 to 3 acres of peas each spring, I have no more problems. It doesn't hurt that I have more and better browse than I did before also. Timber thinning and timely mowing gives me honeysuckle, berries, and ground forbs that deer like. I can't do much in Trinity Co., not my land, but the other places allow me more freedom to manipulate.

Comment

Checked my mineral block cameras today at my Mt. Enterprise property. Peas are looking good, and I poured 3.25 in. of rain out of my gauge. First pic is a nutrition plot that we never hunt. Clover in the middle is the main draw right now.
                    Attached Files

Comment

This plot is on the NE corner of my place. We average two deer a year out of this plot. It goes around the corner for a 150' or so. The L shape makes bucks want to see what's around the corner.
                      Attached Files

Comment

This my " bottom " plot and where I like to hunt best, but where you will get busted if you don't have the wind right AND use the Ozonics unit. The wind swirls and I almost ruined this stand by over-hunting it on iffy winds. After I started using Ozonics, I've never been busted here.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Both the pic above and this one were taken from the same spot. This plot is boomerang shaped with a clover plot in this lane through the woods. Right now, the deer are walking through the peas to get to the clover, but that will change in a couple or three weeks.
                          Attached Files

Comment

Man, I am so jealous of people with land.

Comment

And last, but not least, is my faithful companion, Sarge, who makes every trip with me.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Ociun View Post
                                Man, I am so jealous of people with land.
                                If you were a land baron, you too could have a hog that rubs his azz on your mineral block !
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X