No announcement yet.

land for sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Last edited by Cantcatch5; 02-24-2018, 09:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bryan sandlin View Post
      it would be a gift? even that I payed nothing to hunt, I worked the land one weekend a month. the cabin cost about 1,900.00 and it stays. built feeders and blinds. trucked in many loads of used brick and fill material for the wash outs. but feel unsure if the "gift" is needed. the sign out front say brokers welcome.
      You can’t ask for “a gift” I think it would be waranted of them to offer one but I don’t think you should ask for payment unless you worked out a deal for payment prior to bringing a buyer.

Comment

Trying to wrap my mind around you even feeling like you are in a place to ask for anything. You be thankful for the past hunts. Your work was for trade for those seasons.

Comment

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
          Trying to wrap my mind around you even feeling like you are in a place to ask for anything. You be thankful for the past hunts. Your work was for trade for those seasons.

I agree with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
            I’m still trying to process $6,700 per acre!
            if you go to Austin from Houston, on 290 just before the bridge on the Brazos. the ranch on the right with the 300 white Brahma cows on it. just across the river the land is his ranch. 80% cleared for cows. two tanks. 20 acre hay field. county road right up to the gate. a ranch not but 2 miles from this one is 900 acres and they want $5,800 acre.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
              Yessir, me too.
              X3

Comment

Not sure I would ask after some classes I took last week involving real estate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Illegal, you can’t get a cut without a license. Unless you get the property under contract, and then assign your option to buy the property to your end buyer. It gives you equitable interest. I have sold several parcels of land in this manner, but I was working directly through the owners and buyers...technically you can do it with a broker involved. But not going to be an easy sell, and you better be real good buddies with the new buyer.

Comment

Originally posted by je3749 View Post
                    trying to wrap my mind around you even feeling like you are in a place to ask for anything. You be thankful for the past hunts. Your work was for trade for those seasons.
                    x10000000

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I’m still trying to process $6,700 per acre!
                      Because it's so cheap?

Comment

If I could find a place to hunt where I've hunted and never had to pay, only help do work which would be any piece of land or lease, there's always work to be done. And it was going to be sold but you would still be allowed to hunt without still paying....Id keep my mouth shut and a smile on my face, and give the new landowner my number on speed dial in case they needed anything done anything! You have a good deal it seems like so don't ruin it. Hunt and be happy. They consider you a friend I'm sure and have you out so everyone can have a good time and stuff gets done. I let some friends dove hunt at my place once a yr, but when they're there, we all get together and knock out what's needed. Realize what you got before you possibly overstep your boundaries and ruin a sweet deal for yourself. I say this in the best way possible too. Just think it thru. I wouldn't ask for a dime. I'd ask to be there when they close so you can drink a beer and help them celebrate and move in or out.

Comment

Originally posted by Je3749 View Post
                          ^This. Them offering you some “tax free cash” is one thing, you expecting it is another.

Comment

I don't see the issue. He's simply thinking if he should ask for a small cut if he brings the seller a buyer. Nothing wrong with that as he's not acting like he's owed something.

Comment

It's not "tax free" regardless.

But one thing I've learned in my dealings over the years, unless you get something in writing in advance, you probably don't have it and that ship has sailed. Guy could be nice and throw you a little shout out, but I certainly wouldn't expect it.

Comment

Working...
                              X