No announcement yet.

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You may have convinced me to buy one of these until I have time to fabricate my own design. Will be great for cooking up vittles for guys on the ranches.

Comment

This thread made my stomach growl!

Comment

Problem I have at my place with those fabric drape over covers is the dang wasps love to build nests under 'em... Gave up trying to use the one that came with my gas grill... Also tried a small tarp over a firewood rack by my fire pit... same dang thing... shake the tarp, all kinds of the devil's spawn come swarming out...

Comment

Copied from FB:

Did my first reverse sear using the Blackstone Products 22 inch! Came out AMAZING, perfect crust, perfect medium rare, and a plate full of juices for dipping! Zucchini from my garden, pierogies and onions.

I think I will be trying a reverse sear very soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good stuff. Looking hard at the 28" two burner. I want it to be more portable.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
              Nah. Closest one is in Mount Pleasant. There are a couple of there. The fajita marinada is awesome.
              Have you seen the setup they have for sale there? $114 i think. Round burners underneath.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170727_182451.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	24505092

Comment

Originally posted by k-k View Post
                look these up on amazon
                32" x 17" Stainless Steel Comal Flat Top BBQ Cooking Griddle For Stove or Grill
                Found it, thanks.

Comment

I built mine into my outdoor kitchen and converted to natural gas.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post

That's PIMP!!

Comment

Originally posted by kembry View Post

I need to do the same!

Comment

Step by step how to season your griddle.

I took this directly from a video on a griddle makers website. I don't want this thread wacked so I am not endorsing any brand of griddle. This thread includes all outdoor griddles. Even homemade ones.

1. Clean griddle. Mine is new so it simply required me to clean with soapy water and soft sponge. Rinse and dry. You will need a damp cloth, oil, and paper towels to season the griddle. Most folks recommend flaxseed oil. I could not find any and I chose to use extra virgin olive oil.

2. Light griddle and turn burners to high. Let run 10-15 minutes until you griddle starts darkening.

3. Next, coat the griddle with oil. Use folded paper towels to evenly spread a thin layer of oil over the griddle. Allow oil to cook off. When oil is about dried up re coat with another layer of oil.

After two or three times the griddle will be seasoned. Cooking on it will continue to keep your griddle seasoned.

4. I added a step that wasn't in the video. After the seasoning process I put 3 lbs of bacon ends and pieces on the griddle and really got it coated in some good bacon grease!

Next I took the scraper and cleaned off the griddle. I poured some hot water on it and scraped it clean

Now it's time to go snack on the fruits of my seasoning.

Comment

Are you guys painting or seasoning the underside?

Comment

tagged

Comment

Don't worry about the underside, you are not cooking or eating off of that side. The burners will clean it each use.

Comment

Official Outdoor Griddle Thread

My brother has a "cajun hibachi"
                                Its perfect for family meals, or just enjoying cooking outside. Its got a lid for it too that seals around the edge of the table. Its pretty sweet rig and we use it all the time.

Comment

Working...
                                X