Best V8 Engine Out There?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
    Hard to beat the Tundra on all accounts in the 1/2 ton market. Fuel mileage will suffer a bit compared to the others.

Ford’s 5.0 is a stout little booger.

The 5.3 in my wife’s 2015 Yukon XL will boogy as well for such a large SUV.

Ram’s Hemi is strong and they’ve come a long with with the interior design

Guess what I’m sayin is, pick your poison but Toyota generally rises above them all for longevity.
    Like Johnny & Sleepy, Tundra 5.7 Crew Max 4x4. The ONLY one mentioned I have not had any experience are the Rams, so no bash or comment on them. I had a very bad experience with the Eco Ford, but it was NOT the 8 cylinder engine. I had a Tundra several years ago and traded it but now I'm back with Tundra again. It has more power than I need with my "tows" these days and yep, the mpg averages around 15-16 whether in city or highway, but it preforms. I would rather sacrifice MPG for reliability and resale value...but again, that's me after many years of driving multiple brands.

The 1794 Tundra edition competes with anything else out there on interior comfort and looks, but they are hard to find particularly if you are looking for used? I've had 2 King Ranch Ford models and the Tundra competes or exceeds the look/interior for me.

I traded for performance and reliability and "most" won't argue...Toyota resale out performs most other brands. IMO, of course..

Comment

I'm not a Ford fan at all but my company bought me a 14 F150 with the 5.0. It will get 18 mpg if you drive it right, but with me it gets 14 no matter what I do. It runs smooth and is fast, I've never had an issue with it. It will pull more than the chassis will handle. Personally I would go Chevy for the overall package, but this Ford really impressed me.

Comment

Love my 5.7L iForce, never heard anything bad about a tundra other than fuel mileage. I agree

Comment

Chevy 6.0s are pretty bullet proof, but you will get similar to worse mileage than a tundra.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            5.4 Triton
            I’m a Ford guy and own a 5.4 Triton - this motor is like a girl you date for 8 years. I’ve got no reason to breakup but definitely no motivation to pop the question.

Comment

Originally posted by SoTXAg06 View Post
              Chevy 6.0s are pretty bullet proof, but you will get similar to worse mileage than a tundra.

Yep, but it's in an actual truck![emoji23]

5.4 Ford ranks slightly below a 304 AMC.....gutless when it runs.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                Wow, I get 16 all day long
                According to the computer maybe....

Comment

They all make good ones and they all make piles of junk. Everyone is gonna tell you theirs is great and all others are horrible. Go drive a few and buy the truck you like best.

Comment

I have experience with both the tundra and the hemi and you cant go wrong with either of them in my opinion. I drive a 2016 Ram daily as my work truck and put alot of miles on it and on highway only stretches i'm pushing 18MPG with a load of tools in the bed. Overall average is around 16.

I will echo others comments here while dodge/ram has come a long way with the interior the truck still falls apart around the drivetrain.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                      According to the computer maybe....
                      Lol!!! I agree with this!

Comment

The reality is all of them are good and will last a long time when properly maintained. The Tundra fanboys are almost as rabid as the 7.3 Ford fanboys but the Tundra engine is nearly as old in technology and is way behind overall.

Any of the other big 3 will outperform it and get better fuel mileage doing it.

The 5.7 in the Tundra was groundbreaking when it came out in 2007 but now not so much.

5.3 Chevy is a bit down on power but still a solid, long term choice. Ford has a winner with the 5.0 Coyote engine. The Hemi is showing it’s age but still a solid performer and actually gets pretty good fuel mileage.

It really all boils down to which platform you prefer wrapped around the engine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

6.2 Chevy is a beast, absolutely love mine

Comment

I’ll probably buy another Tundra when mine plays out. But they seem to all be good now if the Maintenance is done.

Comment

Love my ford 5.0. 103,000 on my 2015 and not a single hiccup. Super easy to work on also. Changed plugs and coil boots in under 30min, in the auto parts parking lot.

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                                6.2 Chevy is a beast, absolutely love mine
                                Hard to keep from smoking the tires on takeoffs sometimes.
                                Tuned with an intake. She’ll scoot pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X