No announcement yet.

Question about canting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I cant my bow. There's a big debate on leatherwall right now about it and bending over. I can't shoot vertical. I like to see everything.

Comment

I can't for the above reasons and for me it prevents them purdy purple puffy spots from showing up on my forearm.

Comment

I shoot straight up and down, helps me be more consistent, help judge gaps and release more fluidly

Sent from my P00I using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm still working it. I'm liking it in a way. Although my left right variance has shrunk I'm stringing up and down some. Overall grouping is better and I seem to have more dead on shots, arrows touching and anchor seems more solid. It's still early.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

DRT, I am still working on the "figuring it out" part. LOL
            Most of the time I do intentionally cant to some degree, not much, and it seems to help me get my anchor, but straight up and down allows me to have much better back tension.
            -I developed a bad habit of drawing off my arms early on, and still tend to do it, Regardless of bow weight.
            To me canting or not is a personal feel, but one way or the other, you have to follow your own form fully.

Comment

I've noticed that as well.

Comment

I'm glad this topic came up. I'm really finding improvement in my shooting. Not that my cant is exaggerated or anything but doing it makes things simpler. Went out to shoot before work. Sat down in my chair at 20 yards and popped the bull. Quit right then and went to work. Shot about 36 arrows while cooking dinner, having a satisfactory shoot from 25 yards and in. Had to sign up my troop for summer camp next. Just went back out and shot an 8 arrow round in the dark at 12 yards. Barely make out the center of the target. I just seem to shoot to where I look so much better.

Comment

I knew the two out were bad shots when I released.

Comment

Cant touch this!

Good shootin DRT!

TXPitdog...Ive been taught by my bowyer that arrow spine testing needs to be done with bow vertical. Since we are all Texas Bow Hunters...canting is necessary and is to be practiced not ignored...IMO.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM.

Comment

Canting has been shown to improve accuracy.

Comment

Working...
                      X