No announcement yet.

Lake Grapevine 2016-2017

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haha, the spots on the east side are no secret. The west side spots are more secretive. Old Denton Creek, the dark road, the big oak field, the old fence line and corner, the slough, the duck ponds and tree mitigation fields. The dark road was my favorite. Still remember that morning that I shot over that dark chocolate antlered 10. Then there's the wild wild west side...I can still see that giant Hagerman non-typical looking buck that I had at ten yards with no buck tag left for Denton County.

One day I'll return. I just have to crack the code on how these other "public land pros" are getting drawn year after year...

Comment

Originally posted by Larry View Post
      Haha, the spots on the east side are no secret. The west side spots are more secretive. Old Denton Creek, the dark road, the big oak field, the old fence line and corner, the slough, the duck ponds and tree mitigation fields. The dark road was my favorite. Still remember that morning that I shot over that dark chocolate antlered 10. Then there's the wild wild west side...I can still see that giant Hagerman non-typical looking buck that I had at ten yards with no buck tag left for Denton County.

One day I'll return. I just have to crack the code on how these other "public land pros" are getting drawn year after year...
      put on our application!

Comment

Don't forget the gravel pit. I think I'm the only guy that ever got permission to cross it and hunt....

Comment

Secret spots are great but let's keep in mind, the monster that Froggy posted last year was taken from the friggin parking lot.

Comment

If I get drawn, I'm setting up in the bed of my pickup.

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
              If I get drawn, I'm setting up in the bed of my pickup.
              the first year i hunted the vine a guy tagged a great buck right by the bridge on 377 , all these secret spot hunters push the deer right to the parking lots

Comment

Must of missed last years deer. Someone pm that to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Budman68 View Post

Same here. Like to see this info

Comment

Don't forget the gravel pit. I think I'm the only guy that ever got permission to cross it and hunt....

I knew the guy that ran back around 06 and I had permission then..

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by ArcheryAssassin View Post
                        put on our application!

Then you'd never get drawn again!

Comment

Then you'd never get drawn again!
                          we will pass [emoji23] [emoji23] [emoji16] [emoji16]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Would be awesome to see a successful youth report today! Seems like someone posted one on here last year.

Good luck youth hunters!

Comment

Agree. Good luck to the youngsters.

Comment

My 16 y/o son was in the stand last night. His ADHD caught up with him and he shot a rabbit. Needless to say, after that he didn't see anything else.

Comment

Working...
                                X