Out of State Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Out of State Question

Im considering going out of State to hunt public lands. In your opinion what is the best state to go to that doesn't have a draw. Also I would like to rifle hunt or maybe handgun hunt.

Nobody???

Comment

if you're talking elk I would say Colorado. Lots and lots of OTC elk tags. If you're talking whitetail I have no clue.

Comment

Looking my self.. I have put in a few states but have failed to draw. I will probably be going to try to hunt in Colorado...

Comment

What about Arkansas, Louisana, or Oklahoma?

Comment

What are going to hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
              What are going to hunt?
              Deer

Comment

Screw Colorado. They rape non residents. Won't get another penny from this Texas boy.....I was spoiled when I was active duty stationed out of Denver....48 bucks for elk tag and 38 I think for mule deer......can't see myself paying 600 for elk or whatever they rape u for a mule deer. But Colorado residents can come here and kill 5 Whitetails and unlimited hogs for like 300 bucks. Nope...public lands to overcrowded unless u take horses and go way back in for miles.....by foot your lucky to even see a legal bull elk. At least my 3 years in grand junction hunting the western slope....lots of cows and spike bulls. If u can draw a cow tag...or get a leftover...mule deer are draw only!

Comment

Oklahoma has lots of public land with a good population of deer. If you are after filling tags, you shouldn't have any problem. Missouri is another state you might look at also.

Comment

Oklahoma/Kentucky

Comment

Illinois

Comment

I have had decent success deer & hog hunting in both Arkansas & Louisiana. I lease land from a timber company. The leases are very affordable. Starting at $400 per year.

I current have 2 leases in LA (30 and 205 acres) and 2 in AR (30 and 19 acres). I spend less than $1600 for all four leases per year. I have killed hogs on all 4 leases and deer on the two largest leases in LA and AR.

Try looking at the website below now and then again first of July First of July is when they post the available leases for 7/17 to 6/18.

Regards,
                        Mike

Comment

Here is another website for a timber company that lease land in AR and LA. I have not used them but my brother in law does and has had success deer hunting off his lease.

Comment

Thank you

Comment

New Mexico. Out of state licenses are only $65 can get an OTC tag reasonably priced and lots of public land. Draws there are good too and if you put in and don't draw they will refund 100% minus application fee so like 6/10 bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X