Night Vision hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post

Im still not crazy about where the DVR is mounted but it will do for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where did you buy your MDVR? It should have come with the UNV custom buttstock pouch and shock cord kit. It's a perfect place for it and I forget it's there, really a good out of the way place.

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
      Where did you buy your MDVR? It should have come with the UNV custom buttstock pouch and shock cord kit. It's a perfect place for it and I forget it's there, really a good out of the way place.

Mine is older and is the small leather case. But I glued that to a piece of aluminum that I have bolted to half of a offset flashlight mount and I mount it on the pic rail built into the Zeus thermal.

Comment

Just weighed my reaper grip and tripod. 7.9 pounds.
        I also tried attaching my reaper grip to my trigger sticks and it's just not strong enough to hold up a gun. The grip on the trigger stick wants to break over.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
          Mine is older and is the small leather case. But I glued that to a piece of aluminum that I have bolted to half of a offset flashlight mount and I mount it on the pic rail built into the Zeus thermal.

Ya that's the really old case that came with them. About 2.5 years ago UNV came out with a new custom pouch and molle panel buttstock attachment. It was an add on item that not many people knew about but I gave it to my customers for free. Then they dumped the molle panel and kept the custom pouch, added shock cord (bungee) with small plastic hooks and it became a standard included accessory. That was probably about 1+ years ago. Here is a pic of the new setup.

Comment

Originally posted by keatonskidmore View Post
            Just weighed my reaper grip and tripod. 7.9 pounds.
            I also tried attaching my reaper grip to my trigger sticks and it's just not strong enough to hold up a gun. The grip on the trigger stick wants to break over.

Ya I was afraid of that. I wondered how sturdy that grip was. Since I've already got the fancy tripod and ball head I guess I can just buy a grip and see how I like carrying the tripod. If it's too heavy I can try something else...... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Outdoor Legacy View Post
              Ya that's the really old case that came with them. About 2.5 years ago UNV came out with a new custom pouch and molle panel buttstock attachment. It was an add on item that not many people knew about but I gave it to my customers for free. Then they dumped the molle panel and kept the custom pouch, added shock cord (bungee) with small plastic hooks and it became a standard included accessory. That was probably about 1+ years ago. Here is a pic of the new setup.

I got mine from a guy who imports them directly from the same place as UNV. I saw some guys running the buttstock pouch but just wasnt sure if I wanted it there. I have a nylon pouch thats about the right size. I may try it after this trip.

Comment

I don't even notice my UNV recorder pouch now. I zip tied mine on and its perfect and does not move.

How do those elastic straps work? I have them but couldn't figure them out. Zip ties don't move and seem to be more stable

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                  I got mine from a guy who imports them directly from the same place as UNV. I saw some guys running the buttstock pouch but just wasnt sure if I wanted it there. I have a nylon pouch thats about the right size. I may try it after this trip.
                  Gotcha. I would definitely look into mounting it on the right side of the buttstock (assuming you are a left hand shooter). I can see you've got an enlarged buttstock, so it might not mount as well there, I can't tell but the buttstock is a really nice place because it's out of the way. Have fun with it and be sure to use the remote record switch. The MDVR is a pain to use without the remote record switch and the battery won't last very long without it because you will leave it running because it's so hard to turn on and off. The remote record switch is so handy and your battery will last for many hunts.

Good luck and we want to see videos of what you kill!

Comment

We have put 10 on the ground so far yesterday and today. These optics are incredible. Im hoping I got some video, Im not 100% sure how the DVR works. Lol. I have also discovered I absolutely must have a helmet mounted PVS 14 to navigate.

Comment

Not the Pulsar core I originally put a down payment on. But life happens and I decided to go with the sightMark photon 4.6. So far it pretty cool around the house. Can't wait to take it out and shoot it play with it in the pitch black.

For those that have and use there's. If you have any tips or tricks please pm me.

Thanks again to Jason @ Outdoor Legacy gear.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

13 down in 3 nights plus saw some cool critters we dont usually see in the daylight. Ill get videos up after I get home

Comment

22 down last weekend.

Comment

Holy smokes man! Nice!

Comment

Keaton, you are the MAN! That's awesome. Y'all definitely know how to get on some hogs. Great pics and congrats on the success.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckwheat View Post
                                Not the Pulsar core I originally put a down payment on. But life happens and I decided to go with the sightMark photon 4.6. So far it pretty cool around the house. Can't wait to take it out and shoot it play with it in the pitch black.

For those that have and use there's. If you have any tips or tricks please pm me.

Thanks again to Jason @ Outdoor Legacy gear.
                                Thanks man I appreciate the business and I know you are going to love the Photon. Get out there and bust some hogs and post some pics.

Comment

Working...
                                X