Trying to figure out my next bow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
    Find something a couple years old, used on AT, and save a TON of money. Faktor 34 would be a great choice if you are looking for a tad longer Hoyt. Probably find them for $500 all day long. I got mine left over BNIB last year for $600 shipped.

I personally do not believe there is anywhere close to enough advancement from year to year to justify the cost of a new bow. And you can even get current year models for hundreds less in the classifieds on AT.
    This is the way to go ! I bought an E 35 that looked brand new for $650 when dealers were getting $899. Not knocking dealers, but bows are like trucks, they are just too expensive to buy new.

Comment

I've always shot the more well known brand bows, I decided this year to switch it up after hearing great reviews of the newer smaller companies. I got rid of my elite synergy for a Xpedition xcentric 7..... Wow. These smaller companies sure put out some fantastic products.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        This is the way to go ! I bought an E 35 that looked brand new for $650 when dealers were getting $899. Not knocking dealers, but bows are like trucks, they are just too expensive to buy new.

Just be careful on buying a used bow due to the warranty.

Comment

I would suggest a Sarrels Takedown about 66" or call Jeff Freeman and get him to set you up a true personal custom bow. Either way they both would be good, or you can get into a Bear Grizzly used on the bay for about a third of the price, and still shoots well. (I have two different grizzlies and like them both)
          You get a longer ATA and if you go to a Sarrells then it would be top "speed" for anything of it's likeness.

Comment

I shot Mathews for a very, very long time. I now shoot an obsession and am very happy with it. I did have a hard time deciding between obsession and an elite. But the obsession has so many more options. Shooting better then I ever have. They also have a lot of different bows out this year.

Comment

I am shooting a Mission "Craze"

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                I would suggest a Sarrels Takedown about 66" or call Jeff Freeman and get him to set you up a true personal custom bow. Either way they both would be good, or you can get into a Bear Grizzly used on the bay for about a third of the price, and still shoots well. (I have two different grizzlies and like them both)
                You get a longer ATA and if you go to a Sarrells then it would be top "speed" for anything of it's likeness.

Or a Bob Lee F/S in the classifieds. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Called CCR made an appointment to shoot several bows I was looking to upgrade and that was it.. I shot mathews hoyt Bowtech etc etc In the end with my draw lenght set up with my arrow the Hoyt carbon spyder was not only the fastest bow at my draw but the most comfortable as well . Its not about brand but what works for you .. Funny I was wanting a RPM but at 28 inch draw it was not as smooth to draw as the Hoyt. But I know that they did have to swap the cam to put me at the top of the draw or maybe bottom of the other I do not recall now. Find a bow that you like brands mean nothing if you have trouble shooting it . Good luck

Comment

Switched to the Halon 32 a couple of months ago. Been happy so far.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                      I switched from Mathews to Elite. I'll never go back
                      Same here. I chose the Energy 35 over the Impulse. Just felt more forgiving. My groups have gotten tighter and I'm just more comfortable. It's the smoothest shooting bow I've ever tried, and I tried the Matthews No cam & Halon, multiple Hoyt, BowTech, Martin and PSE.

Comment

Halon 32

Comment

Obviously this is a very personal decision based on a number of items, cost, weight and feel. And adding the right shooting aids, sight .... etc.

Here is a list of bows worth shooting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59YeN5cbbpE

Comment

Just picked up a Halon 32, loving it!

Comment

Working...
                            X