Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happier than Heck

Well Guy's and Gal's,

I don't know who to brag to about this so I'll do it here. As of today, my wife and I are officially DEBT FREE!!!! (except for the mortgage)

Her student loans are officially PAID OFF!!!
    My debt is officially PAID OFF!!!
    and there's now a nest egg in the account.

We sold our home in Kemah and made a good profit and purchased a new home in Santa Fe with the difference we paid off EVERYTHING. It feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders knowing we don't have any debt hanging over our heads. Now to watch our credit scores climb.

Andrew

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
    Well Guy's and Gal's,

I don't know who to brag to about this so I'll do it here. As of today, my wife and I are officially DEBT FREE!!!! (except for the mortgage)

Her student loans are officially PAID OFF!!!
    My debt is officially PAID OFF!!!
    and there's now a nest egg in the account.

We sold our home in Kemah and made a good profit and purchased a new home in Santa Fe with the difference we paid off EVERYTHING. It feels like a weight lifted off my shoulders knowing we don't have any debt hanging over our heads. Now to watch our credit scores climb.

Andrew
    Congrats!

Comment

Congratulations Andrew!

Comment

Congratulations, it is a great feeling! I'm in the same boat, debt free except for mortgage. Got laid off about 9 years ago in Houston, got a nice BIG severance package and a new job right away, was able to take the severance and pay off most everything. It is amazing how quickly your savings and investments will grow now that you don't owe money to everyone.

Comment

Nothing like it ! We paid off our home and 80 acres several years ago. All we have outside utilities and groceries is a pickup payment and could pay that off at any time. When you're on SS you don't need any bills !

Comment

Congrats. I would encourage you to take a look at Dave Ramsey's material related to financial peace, and how to stay out of future debt.

Comment

Originally posted by goldtip5575 View Post
              Congrats. I would encourage you to take a look at Dave Ramsey's material related to financial peace, and how to stay out of future debt.
              I have a father who is a CPA and very good with finances who I trust 100%. He also got me in touch with HIS financial adviser. SO... Things are definitely looking up for our family.

Comment

Originally posted by zr2chevy22 View Post
                I have a father who is a CPA and very good with finances who I trust 100%. He also got me in touch with HIS financial adviser. SO... Things are definitely looking up for our family.
                Good deal man. That's awesome. Just a recommendation of something tried and true. Glad you have some "go to" folks. Best of Luck.

Comment

congrats the lady and me are starting that climb too!

Comment

Awesome news. Feels good to exhale.

Comment

Congratulations, now keep it that way!!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Congrats!

Now go buy some land!

Comment

I can't wait until I can say the same, We are on the path ourselves!! Congratulations!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Working...
                              X