No announcement yet.

Bow build , napping, shoot etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I quit building self bows several years ago but have a good rack for staves if anyone wants it. I built it out of galvanized pipe and made it a take-down so it would be easier to move. It's heavy duty and will probably hold 30 or more staves easily. It worked great for letting them season after they were split. I think I still have two or three Osage logs that are probably 8-10" in diameter an about 7 or 8' long that were cut about 15 yrs ago in Missouri and hauled back here to Texas. If anyone wants to come get these things, you are welcome to them. I burned about 2 dozen staves when I quit building bows just because I was tired of my wife griping about them laying out on the rack. They had been split and seasoned for over 10 yrs. I'm in Baytown if anyone wants this stuff. I'll probably haul it to the dump if no one wants it. Also have a 15" grizzly bandsaw and a bow horse I would let go cheap.

Comment

East tx pm me your # and I will have JT Richard come help you with your wifes gripes and your logs . Lol Arvin. I will help you find a buyer for the rest. I have a grissly.
      Last edited by Selfbowman; 08-18-2015, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I am sure interested, will have to check my schedule at Cabelas.

Comment

Originally posted by Selfbowman View Post
          Ok let's get a head count and start the planining. The date is set .
          Looking forward to seeing y'all and hear some hunting stories.

Comment

We got a date yet?

Comment

I'm in, looking forward to it!

LD

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                We got a date yet?
                Leon October 16-18th . Leon October 16-18th . Leon October 16-18 th

Comment

Leon October 16-18th . Leon October 16-18th . Leon October 16-18 th

What was that again????

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
                    What was that again????
                    What the heck is with your Avatar?

Comment

Who knows ? Blood trail will be the party if he comes. Lol Arvin

Comment

I'm in and can come early to help in setting up if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Flint knapper View Post
                          Sounds Fun, but at the moment with a messed up Knee, I can't commit to anything!

I'll be monitoring this thread in the event that I'm able to head that way!
                          It's looking like I'll be working extra hours about that time, but I'd sure enjoy hanging out and visiting with y'all. Been a while Darrell

Comment

o/

Comment

I'm in!

Bisch

Comment

I'd like to come too. I've got some staves split last year that I need someone to learn me. Sounds fun.

Comment

Working...
                                X