No announcement yet.

Bow build , napping, shoot etc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I can forego one weekend of bowhunting if it'll help me learn better how to shape a stave into a bow.

Comment

It will be worth missing one weekend of hot hunting I promise . And yes you sit around with three or four of us and you will find out what to do with that stave.

Comment

Thanks for putting a local event like this together! Will definitely make at least one day. Have been bit by the self bow bug this year and am wanting to learn all I can.

Comment

I would love to make it out to bird dog the masters. I could really learn a lot.

Comment

Leon you will make it a hoot!! You and Bob have to come. We need the constant laughter! Arvin

Comment

So I was looking at this thinking "Man, I'm gonna be in Washington and miss it!" Then I read down to 3rd week in October. That's rifle season in WA so no bowhunting will be missed and the wife was planning to come down to Fort Hood for her friends wedding thing at the end of October so as long as plane tickets are cheap I should be in the general area. I'll bring lots of obsidian to trade for bow help! Picking up 250lbs first part of June.

Comment

Tracker Ft Hood 75 miles away. If you fly into Austin 25 miles away. How you going to put all that obsidian on a plane.

Comment

Originally posted by 4dog View Post
                  Staves are the raw product you have just before you touch it with a tool...doesnt look like a bow...looks like long split wood...is that perfecrly unclear?.....lmbo....a seasoned stave is a beautiful thing.
                  Perfectly clear! At lunch earlier mentioned to my wife that we need to do a road trip around the end of October. I got back " What do you have planned for our anniversary?"

I think I still managed to get her talked into it though!

Comment

Then I'll fly to Austin with the wife an we'll split up from there. And I dunno. I'll hopefully have way less then that by October making points but I'm sure I could figure it out. Haha

Comment

I will sure try to be there. I need all the help and advise I can get. Awesome idea.

Comment

Widdler you can bring your tools and put them to work. This could have some of this best selfbowyers in tx . Lonnie and gang are getting interested. Arvin

Comment

I will be there arvin, i look forward to it.

Comment

if time i could do a arrow build, wood ofcourse what to look for in a shaft.

Comment

Wow. This sounds like the coolest get together ever. I would love to make it. I have tried to make a couple of bows, but always failed or didn't complete them. I have also made a pile of big rocks into little rocks with little success.

I only get a couple of weekends to bow hunt due to all the other hunting, but if I can get Blood Trail to come with, we may make it.

Comment

Come on Jeffro that would be great! Arvin

Comment

Working...
                                X