Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The River and the Wall" Trumps borderwall and wildlife.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"The River and the Wall" Trumps borderwall and wildlife.

First let me start by saying, this isn't an argument for or against the wall. This is aimed at being a mere discussion on what impact the wall would have on wildlife along the border or if we should even care.

I voted for Trump and believe everything he stands for as far as our country goes. I have been following Ben Masters from Fin and Fur films about documentaries on numerous species of wildlife in the state of Texas. He has a new short film coming out this year titled, "The River and the Wall." I was all for a wall, and still think I am in some form, but after reading more into this idea that the wall would have a negative impact on all wildlife involved has me intrigued. Should we even care? Should we just put the stop of illegal immigrantion first and let the wildlife adapt accordingly? I don't have the answers, but I really wanted to get opinions from a group of hunters that share the same passion for pursuing and killing Animals in Deep South Texas, as well as Mexico. I realize the ranches have their own water systems, but anyone who says the river isn't the lifeline for most wildlife down there are kidding themselves.

So being that we have hunters that hunt both sides of the proposed border wall, what are yalls opinions? Should we care about if it affects wildlife? Will it not be enough to even worry about? Or will we completely alter the livelihood of many species along the river. I don't know, but I think it would be cool to get different opinions on the subject. I have hunted in Del Rio, but not close enough to consider it, "on the border." I encourage y'all to look into Ben Masters work, he's a pretty sharp guy when it comes to wildlife.

Here is a link to the trailer

Here is a link to part National Geographic used.

Construction of a USA-Mexico border wall means huge impacts to wildlife. Migratory corridors would be eliminated, dispersal events would no longer occur, and...

Comment

We shouldn't care.

Comment

Unfortunately for me the well being of humans comes before the well being of wildlife. That being said, I would think it would have a positive impact on the wildlife and would alleviate a lot of the trash that is left behind for the wildlife to swallow and die from. There is plenty of water on the ranches for the wildlife and they will adapt pretty easily. What it will affect is the wildlife that move back and forth across the border.

Comment

I feel bad for the Americans that have land that will could end up on the wrong side of the wall. Wildlife will adapt and survive.

Comment

Maybe the wall will finally keep those pesky black panthers from migrating to East Texas.

Comment

I don’t think we will have to worry about it. I really don’t think it will ever get done.

Comment

Build the wall, the animals will adapt . Nature always does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I've often thought that if we as a country enforced laws and quit giving the handouts to people here illegally, the wall would not be a necessity.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I feel bad for the Americans that have land that will could end up on the wrong side of the wall. Wildlife will adapt and survive.
                    I tend to agree with this. Animals have adapted to millions of changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Build the wall, the animals will adapt . Nature always does.

I lean this way myself.

Comment

Anyone that thinks a wall is going to get built from Pacific to Rio Grande is delusional.

Comment

Build the wall! If we keep allowing millions of people in that will eventually vote Democrat you can kiss your hunting / guns goodbye just like in Mexico so you won’t give much thought to wildlife anyway. They will find a way to manage most of the wildlife, it’s not like we have massive migrations of animals from Mexico to the US From one season to another.

Comment

I don't think the wall will ever get done. The fence that they have now keeps larger animals on one side or the other and they adapted.

I voted for Trump but not for reasons of building the wall but for other reasons. I am not encouraging people to come here illegally but rather do it legally.

The way I see it, if people are still coming that means things are still good here. It's when they stop coming that we will have something to worry about. That would mean that things are not that good here anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by jlinville View Post
                              I've often thought that if we as a country enforced laws and quit giving the handouts to people here illegally, the wall would not be a necessity.
                              This

Comment

Working...
                              X