Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TreyRo View Post
    I’ve done it drunk...

But I actually had someone in college try to get in my duplex with their key and bang on the door when it wouldn’t open. So I can see it happening.
    A musician in Dallas went the wrong house a couple years back.He was whoopin on the door,rattling the lock.The guy inside started yelling at him.Guy outside was drunk,and confused.Starts yelling back,beating on the door even more.Guy inside shoots him through the door.
    The guys house was a couple of doors down.Sad deal.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
      How do these 2 questions pertain to this case in anyway shape or form??

Was she serving a "high risk" warrant?? No..

If’n I remember correctly, her team had served a high risk warrant earlier thar day with SWAT.

The daily stress, along with adrenaline dumps, would , in my opinion, make it easier to be/get distracted.. she prolly wanted to get home, out of uniform, and relax.

I hope that makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
        I walked into the wrong apartment one day, completely sober, in broad daylight....me and the dog both. It scared the hell out of me, I'm glad no one inside was armed.
        Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
        Sorry but I don't even know how it would be possible for a sober person to do that..

If you shoot a unarmed person in "YOUR" home you still stand a very good chance of going to prison much less shooting a unarmed person in THEIR own home...
        I did the same thing almost identical to what she did. Worked all night and when I got to my apartment the lot I always parked in was full. Parked on the opposite side and went to the first apartment on my left which is where the apartment usually was. Opened the door, walked in about 5 feet and noticed the apartment smelled good. I lived with 4 college roommates, our apartment never smelled good. I looked up to see a petrified young lady eating cereal. I apologized and backed out.
        I do not think this excuses Amber Guyger of her actions, just simply saying it is easily possible.

Comment

Apparently she walked into the wrong apartment and shot the victim believing he was an intruder. Her action is a response many on here including myself would take in the face of our home being intruded.

I personally believe she should have to pay for her mistake (obviously a huge and tragic one) but I don't see her intent was to "murder" the victim. Sentencing will be difficult but needs to be a substantial amount of time behind bars.

Comment

I work pretty much work in downtown. I just hope I'm already home when it is announced.
            Last edited by Goldeneagle; 10-01-2019, 05:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckshot-73 View Post
              If’n I remember correctly, her team had served a high risk warrant earlier thar day with SWAT.

The daily stress, along with adrenaline dumps, would , in my opinion, make it easier to be/get distracted.. she prolly wanted to get home, out of uniform, and relax.

I hope that makes sense.
              I don't recall ever making a wrong turn on the way home much less going to the wrong place after any of that. Nor has it caused me (or the other 3 guys sitting next to me) to go to the wrong address after any of that on the next call for that matter. But none of us have ever lived in an apartment either

Comment

I don’t see how she’s not guilty of manslaughter!

In her defense I’ve done something similar at a hotel, I got off on the wrong floor walked to what what I thought was my room. As I was walking in the cleaning lady was walking out. I go in and turn on the tv, open the mini fridge to get a beer.....”hey, that dam cleaning lady stole my beer!” Then I notice that my suitcase looks different....y’all can figure out the rest of the story.
                Last edited by Tx.Fisher; 10-01-2019, 05:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                  I don't recall ever making a wrong turn on the way home much less going to the wrong place after any of that. Nor has it caused me (or the other 3 guys sitting next to me) to go to the wrong address after any of that on the next call for that matter. But none of us have ever lived in an apartment either
                  I totally agree. Wrong apartment, wrong furniture, wrong everything, not sure if its true but I heard she was on the wrong floor ?

As terrible as the entire event is she should go to prison for a long time.

Comment

After listening to the judge read the rules to the jury I cannot see how they will be able to get a unanimous decision on either charge. I have kept a pretty close watch on this case and I don’t know what should be done. The mistake of fact alone should get her off. I just cannot see convicting her beyond a reasonable doubt.

Comment

I don’t believe she went in there with the intent to murder him. If I were on the jury based on what we have been told so far I could not convict her of murder.

I could see manslaughter being a possibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                        Murder ..not guilty
                        Manslaughter...guilty
                        Sexting...guilty
                        Idiot....guilty
                        This.
                        However, When you are in the moment and your adrenaline is high you are not looking at different pictures on the wall or rugs on the floor. All you are focused on is why is someone in my house and why are they coming at me. Especially, man vs. woman. I know some women could defend off another man but it is still not great odds overall. I dont want my wife to go up against a man to defend for her life or my kids life. However, if you were thinking to neutralize the situation you could retreat to the hall and let him have what he wants. In Texas the Castle doctrine could cover you from Criminal charges but not civil charges. Also you need to be defending your own property or home for this to apply. There is the rare occasion for you to defend your neighbors house.

Incriminating evidence:
                        1. She stated she shot to kill, not to neutralize
                        2. thought she was in her home but was not
                        3. she did not try to retreat
                        4. used deadly force when may not have been needed. (not sure physical size difference between him and her)

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
                          This.
                          However, When you are in the moment and your adrenaline is high you are not looking at different pictures on the wall or rugs on the floor. All you are focused on is why is someone in my house and why are they coming at me. Especially, man vs. woman. I know some women could defend off another man but it is still not great odds overall. I dont want my wife to go up against a man to defend for her life or my kids life. However, if you were thinking to neutralize the situation you could retreat to the hall and let him have what he wants. In Texas the Castle doctrine could cover you from Criminal charges but not civil charges. Also you need to be defending your own property or home for this to apply. There is the rare occasion for you to defend your neighbors house.

Incriminating evidence:
                          1. She stated she shot to kill, not to neutralize
                          2. thought she was in her home but was not
                          3. she did not try to retreat
                          4. used deadly force when may not have been needed. (not sure physical size difference between him and her)
                          As the rules were read to the jury mistake of fact would allow the castle doctrine to be in place because she believed she was defending herself on her property. The judge said it several times and so did the defense
                          Last edited by The Insurance Guy; 10-01-2019, 05:53 AM. Reason: .

Comment

She needs to go to jail. If she wasn’t a cop, I doubt it would even be in the news.

I walk into your house and shoot you dead, I’m going to jail, no if ands or buts..and certainly no people arguing/hoping that I walk, like in this case. That’s the part of the “thin blue line” that make a lot of people like me sick.

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
                              She needs to go to jail. If she wasn’t a cop, I doubt it would even be in the news.

I walk into your house and shoot you dead, I’m going to jail, no if ands or buts..and certainly no people arguing/hoping that I walk, like in this case. That’s the part of the “thin blue line” that make a lot of people like me sick.
                              There are 2 reasons why this is in the news....

1. she is a cop
                              2. she is white, and he is black

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post

Have you listened to one minute of the trial? Have you looked into any of the facts? Do you know anything about laws in Texas? Have you always hated cops?

I’m not saying she is innocent of anything but if she gets off it has zero to do with her being an officer. I actually think in this instance that it is worse for her.

I have listened to several hours of the live trial and not just read the news articles on this.

The way I understood the laws as read by the judge it will be very difficult decision for the jury. I just can’t fathom 12 people agree on the verdict in this case

Comment

Working...
                                X