Who wants to sell me their truck?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who wants to sell me their truck?

I'm on the hunt for a 3/4 ton diesel crew 4x4. Older, either a 7.3 Ford or 5.9 Cummins. Cummins has to be either a full 4 doors (not sure what year they started those) or a Megacab. I know most of the ins and outs and gotchas on the Fords, but what do I need to look for on the Rams? And what years where the most preferable for them?

Mileage not too critical, but I don't want something wore smooth out. It will be mainly just a hunting/ fishing buggy for me (I have a company truck for day to day driving) and for the kid to drag cows to shows and the occasional camping pull. Might see 10K a year.

I have one for sale you may be interested in.

Comment

I want to sale you my 2005 4x4 Excursion but its a V10 not diesel

Comment

04-06 5.9 if I had to pick a 5.9. Also wouldn't want automatic unless I trusted the person I bought from. Terrible transmission especially if they ever programmed the truck

Comment

I have an 05 Dodge 2500 diesel crew cab 4x4 Auto, completely stock. It has 175k, full front and rear replacement bumpers, turnover ball, sprayed in bedliner, newer Cooper tires that don't seem to wear. It's not pristine but it gets me everywhere I need to go. I've used it just like you intend to use the truck you are looking for.
          Last edited by TXUSMC; 09-13-2017, 07:12 AM.

Comment

I don't believe Dodge made a truck with the 5.9 and four full doors.

Comment

Originally posted by twosixteens View Post
              sure they did.

They even made a 12 valve 4-door in like 85 ish

Comment

I don't believe so couldn't get Cummins until 89 and extended cab or regular cab early 2000's four doors but not full doors my 2005 did not have much more room than an extended cab smaller back doors also.

Comment

Sent you a PM

Comment

I could be wrong but I think it was 97 for 4 doors on the extended cab. I had a 96 and they only offered a 3rd door on the drivers side then.

Comment

My '06 Mega Cab has a Cummins 5.9.

Comment

Full four doors meaning crew cab style and not extended, quad or cab and a half which has rear suicide doors. Dodge has only made crew cabs (four door) in the 3/4 and 1 ton (other than regular cabs) since 2003. Half tons changed in 2002.

Comment

So one year with four full doors (mega cab) and the 5.9? 6.7 came out in 2007

Comment

They still offered the 5.9 in 07 on some trucks, the 6.7s are refereed to as 07.5

Comment

My son has a 06 one in a mega cab , that is in great shape,he's getting the engine replaced right now. And he's going to go with something smaller, but I believe he's going to want 18000

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X