No announcement yet.

Battery operated weed eaters?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought the wife a Kobalt- the bigger of the two, I can't remember if it is 40v or bigger. Anyway, the battery outlasts me and they have them on sale right now for $179- at least that is what my wife told me when she was in there yesterday.

Comment

IMO, the 56V versions are the way to go. I haven't used the Echo but I suspect it is comparable to the EGO I have. I liked the blower so much I bought another one. Then I bought the weed trimmer, then I bought the hedge trimmer. These things are great. I have an acre with trees both at the lake house and our city home. I've never run a battery down on either one on a single task. I have always been a Stihl trimmer guy and it still has its place for REALLY large and heavy applications but, I am done with the headache for simple yard work.

Comment

I have 40 volt Ryobi. Its good for the yard but wont hold up to the pastures and fence rows. Had a problem with the batteries but Ryobi sent me new batteries and chargers for my blower and weedeater no questions asked. Good customer service experience.

Comment

My roommate bought the 20v dewalt combo that came with a blower as well. Typical residential corner lot with a large back yard and we can use the same battery for front and back yard trim and blow.

Comment

The biggest issue in have with battery powered lawn tools is that they rob you of the experience. Furiously pulling the starting rope with no sign of the **** thing kicking over, throwing it across the yard as you educate the neighbors on new and creative profanities, and then finally feeling the thrill of the adrenaline rush as that merciless piece of crap fires up and decides to run. I mean, without that, where’s the fun in yard work?

Comment

Man yur lucky yur wife cuts the grass and sure nice of you to get tools for her

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
                The biggest issue in have with battery powered lawn tools is that they rob you of the experience. Furiously pulling the starting rope with no sign of the **** thing kicking over, throwing it across the yard as you educate the neighbors on new and creative profanities, and then finally feeling the thrill of the adrenaline rush as that merciless piece of crap fires up and decides to run. I mean, without that, where’s the fun in yard work?

Comment

Originally posted by Peta-hata View Post
                  I’m a die-hard sthil guy but the new battery stuff out there is pretty amazing.
                  Stihl has an awesome line of battery powered equipment

Comment

Bought a 60V Greenworks Pro weedeater after reading the reviews at Lowe’s. I’m totally impressed with it, I can almost do my whole acre (fence lines, ditches, around the pool and garden.
                    They don’t sell that specific battery at Lowe’s but you can order it at lowes.com.
                    I think I payed 179.00 for the weed eater, battery and charger.
                    I’ve yet to use it on high speed, low speed does the job.
                    I will probably order an extra battery and chainsaw soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks everyone!

Comment

Another vote for Kobalt. I have the mower, weed eater and hedge trimmer. Bought the mower and weed eater from a fellow TBHer and found the hedge trimmer, 2 extra batteries and another charger at a local pawn shop. 4 batteries and 2 chargers total is really nice to have.

Comment

I had the 40 volt Ryobi and the batteries are complete junk,tools are great but batteries don't last 6 months, so I bought the kobolt 40 from lowes and modified my Ryobi tools to fit it and also got the 40v chainsaw and that thing is great ,cut at least 30-40 limbs before bat goes out ,so handy!

Comment

I met a guy a while back with a CORE He was super happy.. I tried it at his home and lt took on tuff stuff..thats all I know... If I were market I would look...Think he said it was from Amz

Comment

I bought a 56v EGO trimmer and blower last summer and never looked back!

Plenty of power and juice for my 1 acre yard.

Comment

Originally posted by howzitbra View Post
                                Bought a 60V Greenworks Pro weedeater after reading the reviews at Lowe’s. I’m totally impressed with it, I can almost do my whole acre (fence lines, ditches, around the pool and garden.
                                They don’t sell that specific battery at Lowe’s but you can order it at lowes.com.
                                I think I payed 179.00 for the weed eater, battery and charger.
                                I’ve yet to use it on high speed, low speed does the job.
                                I will probably order an extra battery and chainsaw soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                I have the 60V weedeater, blower, and chain saw. They work great! With three batteries I never run out of power for a job.

Comment

Working...
                                X