Hernia question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hernia question...

I feel like I have a creature living in my belly pulling up on my right testicle... Could this be hernia related??? It isn't triggered by anything; heck I walked 4.5 miles with a 25# pack yesterday with no issues then tonight I can barely walk!!!

I had a full body CT with contrast a few months ago and was told that I had a small hiatal hernia but I thought those were upper torso....

I'm confused...I honestly don't know but thought a hernia was actually visible, meaning you had a bulge from your guts getting past the stomach lining in your belly button area or groin??

Comment

Had buddy that had some similar pain. Said it felt like someone had one of the boys in a vice all the time, and occasionally like someone would hit it with a hammer. Kind of like a quick sharp pain. His ended up being a bulging disc in his back. Chiropractor was able to get him over it.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a similar pain on my lower left side, beside my boys. A few months later had a rip and bulge. Surgery was fairly simple and took a week off of work. Six or so weeks of no lifting or pulling and I was good to go. I still have a bit of irritation from time to time there but usually only after some strenuous pulling or lifting. It was really not too bad as I was 37 at the time,no pain meds were needed. I watched TV drank a couple of beers a day and took it easy.

Comment

Could be. I had hernia surgery on 12/1/17, for a slight bulge adjacent to my belly button that was the result of being a complete dumb a** and moving a few large pieces of equipment solo instead of waiting for additional help.

Dr said based on age-over 40, high level of physical activity and male you may have a few more waiting to push through. Had four additional hidden hernias repaired during the laparoscopic/robotic surgery.

Hiatal and inguinal hernias are relatively common as you age. The well known bulge as well as pain and discomfort are symptoms. I know more about the **** things than I ever wanted to learn. Easy fix, find a GOOD surgeon, makes recovery easy.

Comment

Originally posted by labman View Post
            Could be. I had hernia surgery on 12/1/17, for a slight bulge adjacent to my belly button that was the result of being a complete dumb a** and moving a few large pieces of equipment solo instead of waiting for additional help.

Dr said based on age-over 40, high level of physical activity and male you may have a few more waiting to push through. Had four additional hidden hernias repaired during the laparoscopic/robotic surgery.

Hiatal and inguinal hernias are relatively common as you age. The well known bulge as well as pain and discomfort are symptoms. I know more about the **** things than I ever wanted to learn. Easy fix, find a GOOD surgeon, makes recovery easy.
            Great... Sounds exhilarating!!! Guess I need to make an apt with my GP to get the referral. I feel perfectly fine today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post
              I feel like I have a creature living in my belly pulling up on my right testicle... Could this be hernia related??? It isn't triggered by anything; heck I walked 4.5 miles with a 25# pack yesterday with no issues then tonight I can barely walk!!!

I had a full body CT with contrast a few months ago and was told that I had a small hiatal hernia but I thought those were upper torso....
              I had to got my Gallbladder removed and low and behold Dr. goes in and see's a hernia near my belly button. I guess I pushed that BBQ terd one too many times.

Comment

My VA surgical consult for a softball sized hernia in my belly button is next Wednesday. Praying they finally do the surgery. They wouldn't do it before when it was marble sized because they considered that a cosmetic surgery smh fingers crossed the VA comes through for me on this. Finally

Comment

Originally posted by Chef View Post

Hiatal hernias bulge through the diaphragm and wouldn’t cause testicular issues. You might have an inguinal hernia causing the bulge to go into the testicle. Worth getting checked out.

Comment

Had the surgery in 2005. My recovery sucked and still had pain a year after. Told myself I'd never go through it again. Maybe I had a bad doc? Wouldn't wish it on anyone!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I have had one on each side. No fun, don't over due. No sex for a couple weeks!

Comment

Sounds like a hernia to me, had the same thing 5yrs ago, ended up having surgery, had let mine go for many years and what had happened was tear was in lower stomach and it had attached its self to my left testicle, go get it checked out.

God Bless
                        Bish

Comment

If you can see the bulge its inguinal but sounds like you have a scrotal hernia that is protruding causing pressure on the epididymus and pain. Might just happen now and again dependent on what your doing. I had this and the pain was intermittent.

Comment

Made an appt for Tuesday. It almost feels like I have a ureter issue. I walked 4 miles yesterday with my pack at 30# with no issues.

Comment

I know what your going through. I’ve had a hernia w no pain. Was caught at a physical to play ball in school.

Just this past summer I had pains in one boy off and on. Just knew I had a hernia on the side that wasn’t repaired. Waited for my annual physical, I tell doc about it and they say no hernia but give me orders for a scan.

Meanwhile I’ve been having back pains (thanks to football and commercial fishing my whole life) so I call and make an appointment to my chiropractor. Two adjustments later no more pain.

Comment

Working...
                              X