No announcement yet.

Kroger rant !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My issue with self checkout is the fact that I am still paying the same price whether I use a cashier or self checkout. If we have to do the job of their cashier we should be compensated.

Comment

If they mostly self check out then prices should b cheaper cause they ain't payin no one to check you out

Comment

I work with all grocery stores chains across south Texas.. Kroger, walmart, HEB, Brookshire Bros, Randalls, Lowes, Aldi.. all of em...
        HEB is the best in almost every way!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Fargus View Post
          My issue with self checkout is the fact that I am still paying the same price whether I use a cashier or self checkout. If we have to do the job of their cashier we should be compensated.
          You are compensated. You can't buy more time. It's our most precious commodity. I'll gladly pay to not stand behind the bratty kids with the doormat mother. The person who waits to dig out their checkbook after the total comes, then writes so slowly you want to punch them in the back of the head, then proceeds to slowly put the transaction in the register, etc. Get used to it. It's not going anywhere. Take out automation that "costs" jobs, and we couldn't afford anything. If that keeps prices somewhat static, count me in.

Comment

If any of you are in the Dallas area, I highly recommend you try WinCo Foods. It reminds me of a mini HEB.

Comment

Like tipping at a self serve restaurant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My issue is they make it far too easy for certain people to just walk out without paying for everything. And we all know who ends up paying for things stolen.

I swear it feels like they set it up just to let certain people take what they want. We need better laws and a lot more use of tasers.

Comment

It helps if’n your smarter than the self check out your trying to operate.

Comment

I'm just scattershooting here but if they had to pay for more employees to guard more registers, the overall prices you would be paying would be higher to offset their added expense....

You are paying a price for folks to make a choice....save time or need help.
                    Last edited by Smart; 07-15-2019, 08:33 AM.

Comment

I usually like Kroger, but this past weekend my wife and I went shopping for her work as she needed to get a few items for her employee meeting and a planned a fun silent auction (using play money). One of the items was a cup cake and she chose a really nice decorated one. As soon as we check it at the register the bagger threw it in a bag and then tossed it in the basket. I picked it up and took it out of the bag an told the bagger he just ruined it. I then showed the checker and then talked to the manager! We had to go back to the bakery and have them remake it. What an idiot that bagger was.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                        I'm just scattershooting here but if they had to pay for more employees to guard more registers, the overall prices you would be paying would be higher to offset their added expense....

You are paying a price for folks to make a choice....save time or need help.
                        I don't believe this. I'd like to see how much they pay for the self-checkout and how much more loss they have from theft. Employees don't cost that much compared to everything else in a big store.

Comment

I counted 19 different leaks in the roof of my in South Denton one Saturday. I'm stuck shopping there or a WM Neighborhood store.

Comment

When self checkouts first started popping up I was like many above....I should be getting paid for doing a cashier job. Then I put myself in the grocery stores position where they are having to evolve, streamline,save and innovate to stay afloat against the .com business and then I realized I was just bitching about something I knew nothing about.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                              I don't believe this. I'd like to see how much they pay for the self-checkout and how much more loss they have from theft. Employees don't cost that much compared to everything else in a big store.

you don't need to believe it....

Employees don't cost much? Labor and benefits are usually the most expensive item on the expense side of a profit/loss besides cost of good sold... Not to mention the cost of training, calling in sick/dependability etc./..

Comment

I like the Kroger we shop at. Not all locations are created equal but I am sure you could say the same about HEB and the others.

Comment

Working...
                                X