No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Set up feeder today. Alot of new growth and brush on my area. Will be setting up stands next weekend. Hot day.
    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like they found the corn... Still really hot, so only daylight photos on the couple cool mornings this week.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

That didn't take long

Comment

Has anyone done any good hunting ducks, dove, squirrels, or rabbits on Georgetown in the past few years? And is the small game permit easy to draw?

Found out about the deer draw too late, but mainly a duck hunter anyways and looking to expand my options.

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jem View Post
            Has anyone done any good hunting ducks, dove, squirrels, or rabbits on Georgetown in the past few years? And is the small game permit easy to draw?

Found out about the deer draw too late, but mainly a duck hunter anyways and looking to expand my options.

Haven’t personally duck hunted Georgetown, but can tell you last year early season while sitting in my deer blind, hundreds would fly over at a time. Fairly low too, so assuming they were coming off the lake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There are ducks on lake Georgetown. You may have to use boat to access a huntable spot. Dove hunt is vary. One year, I saw and got few limits, but others didn't do good.

Comment

Qualifier shot.... bring on the season.

Comment

Originally posted by howabouttheiris View Post
                  Qualifier shot.... bring on the season.
                  Same here. Did it yesterday at Double G. Going Sunday morning to put up my stand and pull cards from the trail cam around my feeder. Just started seeing a group of about 5-6 doe show up at my feeder between 6:45 am and 8:30 am on Monday. Hope they have gotten used to the feeder there and keep on showing up!

Comment

Checked feeder and camera this morning. Just one big hog so far
                    Attached Files

Comment

If sunflowers are up dove are decent. Can only duck hunt down the river channel basically. You can scratch out a few but it is slow. Lots of ducks in the main lake and coves but off limits. It is nice to duck hunt there though as there are not 500 people on a shoreline

Comment

Thanks for the duck/dove info

Comment

Just sent you a PM - I picked the same spot and then found your ribbon a few weeks ago. I'm set up SW of you a bit.
                          Last edited by TexasER; 08-12-2019, 02:47 PM.

Comment

I’ve got a nice group of does that’s been visiting my set up.

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users like longhornfootball.

Comment

Im a bit confused on aging a doe. Sounded like Brad was just saying dont shoot one thats small enough to carry out in a bag. Is there really not a more scientific way? And if i shoot one thats 2 instead of 2.5 what happens then?
                              Also do we gotta wear blaze orange at gtown? Sorry if these are stupid questions...

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post
                                Im a bit confused on aging a doe. Sounded like Brad was just saying dont shoot one thats small enough to carry out in a bag. Is there really not a more scientific way? And if i shoot one thats 2 instead of 2.5 what happens then?
                                Also do we gotta wear blaze orange at gtown? Sorry if these are stupid questions...
                                He was joking about if you can carry it its definitely not a mature deer. They age the deer by lower jaw bone. A 2+ year old will have had its replaced some of its juvenile teeth. But the volunteers aging the deer are not experts, they do the best they can.

A 2 year old deer would be 2.5 because he was born the summer before hunting season.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X