No announcement yet.

New Career/Baby On The Way.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You might see if Air Liquide as any positions open in the Houston area, they usually do. They have air separation plants and some chemical down there. Your safety training will go a long way with them.

Comment

Originally posted by justin81 View Post
      You might see if Air Liquide as any positions open in the Houston area, they usually do. They have air separation plants and some chemical down there. Your safety training will go a long way with them.

Thank you! I will take a look at there job openings

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ColinR View Post
        I would look into some kind of certification class maybe like I&E tech or something along those lines. Then try to get on with a pipeline company. Even without the certification I would try to get on as a pipeline tech or another entry level position with a pipeline company...kinder Morgan, Energy Transfer, Enterprise etc. the pay will not be as good as working tons of hours in the oilfield but it's guaranteed 40 hours a week with great benefits and your home every night.

Yup. We have 2 openings in our shop right now that we have been trying to fill for 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
          You should look into the Anheuser Busch plant in Houston. They area always looking for workers with some electrical knowledge for help as a plant technicIan. Pay is very good, union benefits, a lots of perks. I have a very good friend that will retire from there and my brother worked there for over 15 years
          Wouldn't happen to be jay birdwell is it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mconner View Post
            Wouldn't happen to be jay birdwell is it?

I just applied for there Technician/Mechanic position they start at 30 per hour which is fairly good.

Comment

bump

Comment

Ever thought of being a diesel mechanic? If so pm me

Comment

Bump, Still looking to get something on land.

Comment

Get a cdl. Weird hours, but money is good.

Comment

Mainly trying to get into a plant/refinery or something something that deals with offshore work as I am doing but does not require me to go offshore.

Comment

Still looking.

Comment

If you’re good with people, look into sales. I’m in roofing sales and the amount of money is astonishing. But remember who you work for reflects upon you. So that being said pick a good company. And no you don’t need experience, I was running skid steers before this. Just something to think about.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

If you can learn to fit and/or weld pipe, you will ALWAYS have a job in the Houston area. And if you can be strategic about working construction jobs, you can pull in per diem on top of wages, and still sleep in your own bed every night.

Comment

Does anybody work at a refinery in west tx or south Tx? I am looking at working for Anadarko in Orla 14/14 as a Operator does anybody work that kind of schedule as an Operator out of town like that?

Comment

^^ Nobody?

Comment

Working...
                                X