Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BBD Oklahoma!! Ocho Grande was his name for the last 5 years. 10Year old son in tree

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBD Oklahoma!! Ocho Grande was his name for the last 5 years. 10Year old son in tree

So after getting getting skunked all year by non shooters and very few deer sightings due to heavy acorn crops. And not to mention miss-judging our yearly rut hunt by taking vacation a week late I got it done on the last weekend. What made it so special was it was my 10 year old sons "Noah" first deer hunt ever! This buck we watched for the last several years and was a 5.5year old back in 2004. Every year he would pose for the camera at night looking into the lens only feet away. He would make a daytime appearance once or twice a year when you were at the "other stand" as if playing cat and mouse. He was seen on the hoof this year by my buddy at a near by stand in which he bedded down 60 yards away at 10 am in the morning but of coarse never presented a shot nor responded to calling. We have great history with this buck through the years and finally I was blessed enough to see him for the first and final time as we met. STORY CONTINUED.....

01/12/18 5:15pm my 10yr old son Noah was snoring above me in a two stand set I hung years ago. I woke Noah up and told him to stay awake for the next 30 minutes to see what happens. Minutes later we hear steps behind us coming down the ridge. I tell Noah to be extremely calm and still. Immediately I knew it was a shooter as he was closing in at 200 yards. He walks a direct line toward my set and hangs up at 30 yards broadside. I draw and settled my pin just behind the shoulder. He then "about faces" me and stands there checking the air. I held full draw for ever (2FULL minutes) from my Mathews Halon 5. He then begins to walk straight toward me and stops at 8 yards. He look up at Noah and I straight into our eyes as I let the arrow fly into lower neck upper brisket into the vitals. The deer kicked and darted down the ridge toward the river bottom. Noah and I celebrated and got down to go get help. We stopped at the impact sight and found great blood trail so we left to go get help. 1.5 hours later we tracked "Ocho Grande" 500 yards with a solid blood trail into a briar thicket near the river bottom. We find four spots in which he laid down and continued on. When we reach the end of the blood trail we bump him and can hear him trashing in the thicket but moving away from us so we backed out for the night! (VERY HARD TO DO BUT PAYED OFF!) We return at 7am sharp and pick up where we left off. 10 minutes later we find "OCHO" in the same thicket about 76 yards from our previous bump location 5 yards off the river bank! He is a main frame 8pt. 20" spread and im proud to have had the opportunity to harvest this buck!! My son Noah is pumped about archery and was with me to share this great memory turning this last ditch effort into a hunt of a lifetime!! Rage extreme went to work! Below are photos of "Ocho Grande"!!

**LEARNING LESSON**

This buck had an entry would big enough to drive a truck through bled like crazy lived for 1.5 hours and ran over 500 yards!!! Always give them time to expire without pushing. Had he crossed the river we may have never recovered! God Bless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawse 8!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice buck. Looks like my old lease in the Kiamichi's

Comment

Very nice buck, Congratulations

Comment

Congrats on making a memory with your son that ya'll will enjoy recalling forever. I hope it is the first of many ... and oh yeah, that buck is a brute

Comment

Great deer! im thinking you meant he was 5.5 in 2014?

Comment

Nice

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Great deer! im thinking you meant he was 5.5 in 2014?
                Doesn't look 18 years old to me either. Though I'm not sure what an 18 year old deer looks like

OP. Congratulations on a great deer.

Comment

Outstanding deer! Congratulations to you and your son on the pursuit. I caught on the '2004' as well.

Comment

Awesome.....Congrats to the hunter!!!

Comment

Donk! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That’s a toad

Comment

Great deer! Congrats!

Comment

Nice!

Comment