Wife's first hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wife's first hunt

My wife has never hunted. She loves venison and has help me process deer for over 30 years. She finally decided that she wanted to give it a shot by taking a hog after Thanksgiving. Her first hunt was on the evening of Black Friday.

She and my daughters think it is funny to name the hogs that I shoot when we are putting the hams and back straps in the freezer (I know it's a little strange to me as well). Earlier in the day, she told me that she wanted to shot a black hog that day so she could name it "Friday" in honor of black Friday.

We settled in the ground blind and watch deer for a over an hour hoping the pigs would come in. Finally a group of piglets ran off our deer accompanied by 3 mid size red hogs, but no black hog. I told her just pick the biggest red one and put a bolt through its shoulder. As she was getting ready, this big black sow came in and she got really excited. She had to wait several minutes because a yearling had set up about 8 yards in front of us watching the pigs, hoping to get back to the corn. She patiently waited and put a good shot on the sow at 25 yards. The piglets scattered and came back, so we switched seats and I put an arrow through one of them.

I think she is hooked. She was pretty happy that she helped provide pulled pork for our church pot luck! She still isn't sure that she can pull the trigger on a deer even though she loves to watch them and eat them. But she sure didn't mind helping with the pig population. (BTW - I know it looks like I robbed the cradle, but she is the same age as me - 52. She just doesn't show it like I do.)
    Attached Files

Congratulations!

Comment

Way to go!
      Congratulations!

Comment

Nice !

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Nice work! Congrats to mama!!

Comment

Oh yeah, Congrats!

Comment

Congrats to her and you. I would have to see a copy of her drivers license to believe her age

Comment

That's great! Congrats to her and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Fun stuff!

Comment

congrats

Comment

Way to go! What a great first hog.

Gary

Comment

That's awesome. Congrats to the new hunter.

Comment

Way to go. Congrats

Comment

Nice! Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X