• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
    It’ll go deeper after they’re gone
    Bwahahahaa!!!

Comment

She'll be fine. Yes you may be over reacting a little. It aint open heart surgery. She'll be out in 45 minutes.

Comment

Reoccurring strep is a good sign to get them pulled.

Comment

If it needs to be done it needs to be done. But if she hasn’t continuously had strep the last 3 months I no reason of having to do it in 72hrs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I went to an ENT several years ago at my wife's request due to loud snoring issues. ENT told me I had large tonsils, but said there was only a 50/50 chance it would make any improvement in my snoring.
            He also told me that as an adult I would have the worst sore throat of my life that would last 2-3 weeks. He told me I would want to come up to his office every day during that healing period and kick his butt daily. He said he thought tne cons outweighed the pros in his mind. Needless to say I chose not to get them removed.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
              It’ll go deeper after they’re gone
              Name checks out

Comment

My dad got his out at 50. He’s 80 now. Love long and prosper

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  Am I over reacting here? Should I just be ok with this and say ok...I'll be home Wed night, I'll drop you off Thursday and wait until your done and figure out everything with the kiddos and work until you are recovered???

Judging from your profile:

"Where the wife gives me permission to go."

You might want to go ahead and take a few days off till she decides its ok for you to go back to work.

Good luck. Everyone recovers differently.

Comment

Let's take a positive look at this situation. This is not during hunting season, and you'll have a lot of ice cream in the house.

In for the recovery, and I hope everything goes well.

Comment

Originally posted by Mud Shark View Post
                      Seems like a pretty impulsive reaction/move to do it so soon just because he's available.

I wouldn't have scheduled a procedure on the spot for two days out without checking our schedules and whatnot.

I would try to convince her to push it back a week or two so that you both have time to prepare to get the ducks in a row. Otherwise, support her but let her know you're no help until you get home Wednesday.

And to be clear...I have no problem with her wanting it done/doing it. Getty up and go as far as that goes. I would have issues with it being dropped on my plate like that and the time frame in which it was done.
                      This is how I feel

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

I got mine removed when I was 35 cause I got strep that year and the year before. The Dr. warned me that it would be painful for a person my age, I didn't care cause that darn strep would kick my butt for days. Well the Dr. was right painful it was for the first couple days. I wish her luck.

Comment

I hope either the kids, or your wife is really tough

Comment

My approach would be to do EVERYTHING you can to help her go through a tough thing and support her. It might not be as much as you could do with more notice, but that is what it is.
                            What exactly is your issue? I don't see it spelled out clearly.

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
                              My approach would be to do EVERYTHING you can to help her go through a tough thing and support her. It might not be as much as you could do with more notice, but that is what it is.

What exactly is your issue? I don't see it spelled out clearly.
                              Scrambling to make arrangements.

I don't have an issue with her getting the procedure done...at all.

But 2 days notice for something that is elective with roughly a 1 week recover throws a huge kink in all things. Theres lots going on with the business right now. CFO on vacation, new executive assistant started today, trying to get 2020 budgets published, trying to 2019 closed, have a few locations missing key leadership, etc.

Timing is poor.

Why not say, hey I'm getting this done, you know I'll need extra support let's look at schedules and see what week in the next month or 2 works best.

But everyone on here has given me a reality check....recurring theme is get over it make it happen and keep quiet. That's why I posted on here to get some perspective from other husbands. They gave it and I'll listen.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                                Scrambling to make arrangements.

I don't have an issue with her getting the procedure done...at all.

But 2 days notice for something that is elective with roughly a 1 week recover throws a huge kink in all things. Theres lots going on with the business right now. CFO on vacation, new executive assistant started today, trying to get 2020 budgets published, trying to 2019 closed, have a few locations missing key leadership, etc.

Timing is poor.

Why not say, hey I'm getting this done, you know I'll need extra support let's look at schedules and see what week in the next month or 2 works best.

But everyone on here has given me a reality check....recurring theme is get over it make it happen and keep quiet. That's why I posted on here to get some perspective from other husbands. They gave it and I'll listen.

Your approach is the correct one. Nearly everyone that posted that has actually had the procedure (as an adult) agrees that it's a long, painful recovery. You can't do it all yourself plus work.

Comment

Working...
                                X