View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 05:08 PM   #10
enewman
Ten Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoof View Post
Getting my arrows to hit well through paper is making more and more sense. I am at the point that minor movements could improve the holes. I also understand that bare shaft tuning is important. The way the bare shafts are hitting in the foam target are consistent. I have also seen the same result with the bare shaft out at Rat's house when we went through cam timing, peep and nock.
I also understand that bare shafts will show form issues. I am no Olympic archer but my form is above average.
So where to start with bare shafts? I have gotten them to hit parallel with the fletched but the rest movements needed run my site out of left adjustment and screws up the paper tune.
I can always head back out to Rat's casa to work out these issues but I like to tinker and try to figure this stuff out on my own.
there are things that needs to be done before bareshaft tuning. if all your shafts are bare then you need to shoot all of them around 10 ft through paper look at the tears of each one. rotate the nocks till all have the same tear and reaction. this is important or you can chase your tail.

then set up your bow and start tuning. now this is not how i tune but it is an easy way of doing it
enewman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top