No announcement yet.

Your 2017 Trad Goals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My worst season yet for WT. I think it was the weather for the most part, but I had a lot of close calls that I just couldn’t finish

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Well one out of 5 stinks pretty bad too.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

I would like to get on a fantastic deer lease in OLD MEXICO with a solid group of guys!

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonGringo View Post
          I would like to get on a fantastic deer lease in OLD MEXICO with a solid group of guys!
          Not that you wouldn't have fun but this is about our goals as traditional archers.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
            My goal is to get good enough to take an animal with my selfbow.
            Welllll....my selfbow broke so I've switched to a recurve. Still trying to kill a deer with traditional tackle. The season ain't over yet.

Comment

I've made progress. I'm enjoying the journey. But it's humbling to say the least and at times almost humiliating. I'm so comfortable shooting at targets but on animals I always question everything. Still got a ways to go I guess.

Comment

Well my goal when I started a few months ago was to get a deer this year. Did that last trip so now I'm after a doe next trip![emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                  I've made progress. I'm enjoying the journey. But it's humbling to say the least and at times almost humiliating. I'm so comfortable shooting at targets but on animals I always question everything. Still got a ways to go I guess.

This is exactly how I feel. With my compound bow I was full of confidence but with my trad gear I'm worried that 1, am I good enough to make the shot. 2, do I have the proper set up to to kill effectively.

Comment

Originally posted by Geezy Rider View Post
                    This is exactly how I feel. With my compound bow I was full of confidence but with my trad gear I'm worried that 1, am I good enough to make the shot. 2, do I have the proper set up to to kill effectively.

That confidence you seek is probably one of the most important things to making it all come together! Even though they don’t always make perfect shots, the really good and successful trad hunters all “know” they are going to make a perfect shot when they pull back on a critter!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Thanx Bisch. You've been an inspiration and guide on this ride the last year or so. Tomorrow is another day in the blind so we shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by Trumpkin View Post
                        1. Get back to shooting every day
                        2. kill something with my longbow here in Texas
                        Hey Presto! 2 for 2!!!

Stretch goal: Kill something with my new recurve on Saturday.

Comment

Also, I may save it for 2018, but I need to enact vengeance on some ninja squirrels...

Comment

Originally posted by Randy Madden View Post
                            Work More and hunt less!!! ( I'm trying reverse psychology!! The other way never pans out like I want)
                            Nailed it!!!! Reverse psychology don't work!

However, it's been a great season so far.
                            1 public land bear in Wyoming and 2 public land deer in Tx.
                            Also got on a great little lease with good potential!

Comment

Great buck trumpkin!!

Comment

That's a great buck Trumpkin.

Comment

Working...
                                X