Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

24 acre ranch build - raw land to paradise!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alot of pigs

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
      Good info! Will longhorns eat yaupon?
      I know you where joking, but seriously.....they will strip almost everything thats green, that they can reach.

We have a little 10ac trap that tends to get overgrown pretty quickly. We'll turn our roping steers in there, and withing a week they have it mowed down. All the poison ivy is stripped off the trees to about 5' high...LOL. If they can reach it, they will eat it!

Comment

I cant wait to do this again in a few years, great job. When I was single and 25 yrs old I bought 118.92/acres SW of Rocksprings, had power put on it and built a nice cabin. There was a well across the road that the rancher said I could use so I did. Well about 7 yrs into owning the property I was offered an amount of money I couldn't refuse (double the purchase price I paid for it) and sold it. Wish now I still had it. DREAM on with your new land...

Comment

Great post...I can't wait till we get our own property... inspiring.... love the hard work you put into your piece of paradise.

Comment

As far as a tractor goes, when I started clearing my 11 acre place in east Texas I started out with a 2wd tractor. After a couple of years I upgraded to a new 4wd with a loader. Now 15 years later the tractor is still going strong and I still use the loader all the time. What I like best is I can stack about 8-10 sacks of corn in the loader and lift it right up to the feeder to fill.

Comment

Originally posted by Sneaky View Post
              I know! Just the problem I wanted! I will be getting a trap setup under that feeder pretty soon. Being a fanatical cook, when I see all those hogs on the TC, my mouth starts watering thinking of a dozen different dishes I'll be making out of them.

Any ideas on those white markings on a few of those hogs?

Thanks for all of this great info! Hopefully around spring I will be able to start looking into a tractor - probably something very affordable like a 9n (or something similar, that has a 3pt).

Does sharpening your saw chain typically hold an edge well, or does it dull out really quick?
              I have a buddy of mine selling a Ford 9n for $1500 that works great, brand new paint job as well. PM me if you want his information. It is a gas tractor.

Comment

Your gate is all finished and painted, it looks great

Comment

Originally posted by jtaubrey View Post
                  I have a buddy of mine selling a Ford 9n for $1500 that works great, brand new paint job as well. PM me if you want his information. It is a gas tractor.
                  Definitely! I'd love to talk to him about it and see what we can do.

Originally posted by JACK71 View Post
                  Your gate is all finished and painted, it looks great
                  WOOHOO!!! I can't wait to post the pics of it installed! Do you have any teaser pics of how it looks with the painting finished?

Comment

Oh, and the official top hog target at the ranch are now this guy. He will be a euro mount on the wall soon!!

What do you guess he weighs?
                    Attached Files

Comment

Oh, and I have another update to make about the ranch. Since there is a live creek that runs through the bottom of the property, and my wife and I are such huge fans of "O' Brother, Where Art Thou?", we have decided to name our ranch "Soggy Bottom Ranch"!

Comment

Following

Comment

I think he weighs about 145

Comment

JACK71 finished my gate!

I can't thank him enough for his fantastic craftsmanship and generosity!

Take a look, folks!
                            Attached Files

Comment

WOW! Sweet!

Comment

Seeing any good deer out there? I hunt on the edge of Williamson and miliam

Comment

Working...
                                X