Best Food Plot Implement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Food Plot Implement

Who makes the best all in one food plot implement? I have a 72 hp tractor and also a ranger. I want to hear yalls suggestions for what yall would recommend if you were starting from scratch? Thanks in advance!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Genesis no-till drill is a good product

Comment

How many acres do plan on doing?

Comment

I would have to say Disc

Comment

If a person has a tractor it’s always the largest disc they can use.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG BONE View Post
            How many acres do plan on doing?
            I have about 8 acres I'd like to plant in east texas

Comment

Originally posted by Bumpy View Post
              If a person has a tractor it’s always the largest disc they can use.
              I guess I'm looking more into the all in one units than also have the seeder that sticks it in the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                Genesis no-till drill is a good product
                Thank you I'll look into that

Comment

Best Food Plot Implement

[QUOTE=TXhoghunter94;13062932]I have about 8 acres I'd like to plant in east texas

Look into the ferminator or fermiseeder

If I were you and that’s all the acreage I was doing and didn’t mind spending the extra coin I would use the ferminator. There is a disc in front of the cultipacker and it works great. I’ve thought about selling it multiple times but just can’t get rid of it because it makes it so easy and our field are beautiful. I use it for clover, chicory, oats, turnips, and all kinds of mixes
                  Last edited by BIG BONE; 12-11-2020, 08:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                    I guess I'm looking more into the all in one units than also have the seeder that sticks it in the ground.

The Genesis is about $10k for a 6 footer, the Firminator somewhat cheaper, and I'm sure there are more brands out there that I don't know about. A straight no-till drill might not work under all conditions and in all soils though. Your plot needs to be fairly smooth and you may need a disc for that.

PM El Gato on here, because he or unclefish are probably the resident experts on this. You might search the game management threads but my searches on here often lead to disappointment. Good luck !

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                      The Genesis is about $10k for a 6 footer, the Firminator somewhat cheaper, and I'm sure there are more brands out there that I don't know about. A straight no-till drill might not work under all conditions and in all soils though. Your plot needs to be fairly smooth and you may need a disc for that.

PM El Gato on here, because he or unclefish are probably the resident experts on this. You might search the game management threads but my searches on here often lead to disappointment. Good luck !
                      There Isn’t an all around unit that’s perfect but the one I’m talking about is close. We have a very nice no til drill and love it but it’s not an all around and I still like to use my fermiseeder most the time besides on the bigger fields. We are using the 8’ fermiseeder with 16” cultipacker. It works great in all soils.

Comment

Originally posted by TXhoghunter94 View Post
                        Thank you I'll look into that

Check out Grant Woods web site. He uses the Genesis in some rocky terrain, if it can work there it can work anywhere

Comment

Working...
                        X