Pig down Van Zandt Cty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pig down Van Zandt Cty

Got some hand corn spots going and a lot of pig sign at one so me and Pushbutton2 decided to go try one of them. He is set up with light for night time hunting. So we get to spot about 7:20ish and head to the ground blind which is sitting behind a fallen dead tree. We are walking up talking and not really being quite, figuring it would be after dark before pigs were out. Well, as we were walking up i heard something and sure enough, the pigs were already there. So i eased up to where i had a clear shot. Its pretty thick where we were....and being 265#, you really dont sneak up on anything[emoji23]but i managed to get to opening and they were about 30yds if that from me. Found the biggest one and touched the 7-08 off. Dropped her right there. She starts flopping. So i take his 9mm and ease up to her. Shoot her 3x. She quits flopping. Not a huge pig but decent size sow that looks to have been nursing. Ended up my first shot with my rifle spined her. She wont be getting anymore of my corn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by sambo73 View Post
    Got some hand corn spots going and a lot of pig sign at one so me and Pushbutton2 decided to go try one of them. He is set up with light for night time hunting. So we get to spot about 7:20ish and head to the ground blind which is sitting behind a fallen dead tree. We are walking up talking and not really being quite, figuring it would be after dark before pigs were out. Well, as we were walking up i heard something and sure enough, the pigs were already there. So i eased up to where i had a clear shot. Its pretty thick where we were....and being 265#, you really dont sneak up on anything[emoji23]but i managed to get to opening and they were about 30yds if that from me. Found the biggest one and touched the 7-08 off. Dropped her right there. She starts flopping. So i take his 9mm and ease up to her. Shoot her 3x. She quits flopping. Not a huge pig but decent size sow that looks to have been nursing. Ended up my first shot with my rifle spined her. She wont be getting anymore of my corn.

I'm thankful you invited me!

Comment

Gave her the old Swiss cheese treatment.
      I bet a good time was had by all.

Comment

Perfect for the pit!

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
          Gave her the old Swiss cheese treatment.
          I bet a good time was had by all.

Lol, yes sir

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
            Perfect for the pit!

Just drug her off. There will be more when it gets cooler.

Comment

Hell ya. Well done.

Comment

Congratulations! That's a good start. Now, go kill a few thousand more!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                  Congratulations! That's a good start. Now, go kill a few thousand more!

And still not make a dent in them[emoji15][emoji23]

Comment

See you can do ballet at 265lbs when it comes to killing pigs.
                    Congrats and keep at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Pic View Post
                      See you can do ballet at 265lbs when it comes to killing pigs.

Congrats and keep at it.

[emoji23]

Comment

Great deal. I had one lone hog coming to hand corn for a month or so. When I checked the camera a few days ago he decided to bring about 15 of his closest friends with him. I guess when time allows I need to thin them out a little.

-john

Comment

Congrats! I need to find me a spot around here to hunt some hogs.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good deal, keep after them.

Comment

Congrats, good and dead hog! Hey buzzards gotta eat too, lol.

Comment

Working...
                              X