Ladder Stand Questinon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ladder Stand Questinon

If yall hunt out of a ladder stand and the seat lifts up for standing, do you stand or sit more? Early morning I am sitting down until the feeder goes off then I stand up. I don't like to shoot sitting down so I stand a lot. After 3 hours of standing it gets pretty tiring though. Am I the only one who stands in them? (the seat of mine folds up so I have more room too and can lean on the tree behind or beside me.)

I stand as much as I can. I feel my profile blends to the tree better when standing.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruttin&Struttin View Post
      I stand as much as I can. I feel my profile blends to the tree better when standing.

My thought exactly. When I sit, where the seat falls, it puts me right into the middle of the split of the tree, when I stand, I feel more blended, but take the risk with the noise of the metal if i shift my weight wrong.

Comment

I sit the entire time (except when I may stand to stretch for a second) and shoot from a seated position as well. Just works well for me .

Comment

i alternate and am comfortable shooting seated if need be. If I can without getting busted, I will stand to shoot.

Comment

I like standing. I hunted out of a buddies game tamer last night and wasn't really a fan. I don't find them as comfortable as everybody else. My back was hurting when I got out.

Comment

For me, I prefer to shoot sitting down. I think my mind tells me I wont fall. But I never practice sitting down while on the ground...it is not comfortable. Weird huh? I think the angle lets me shoot well sitting down. As far being expose, I always choose the area that best fits my sitting position.

Comment

I'll sit most of the time. Butt gets sore, I will stand up and stretch and do that for a while but for the most part, I'm lazy, would rather sit. No issues shooting either way.

Comment

I use a ladder stand also and hunt both ways. I will either stand or sit dependent upon the shot opportunity that is presented. I can generally shoot fine from either position. At peak hours I will often stand to get better vision. I put a little bungee on the seat and drive a nail in to the tree to hold the seat up when standing.

Comment

I also sit the entire time & shoot sitting down. I also practice in sitting position to try & simulate my hunting situation as much as possible

Comment

I just bought a double ladder from Sportmansguide 2 years back that has the seat fold. Really love it, but most times I’m in that I stand I forget it has that option and I just sit until my butt hurts then I stretch the legs and stand.

I always shoot standing up mainly because I’m only 5’7” and we used to shoot super long axle bows, so I never practiced shooting from a sitting position.

Normally I’ll catch movement or swamp noise and have time to stand and get ready beforehand for the shot.
                      @ my age, I’m appreciating ladder stands these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have always shot setting.
                        Guess Im naturally lazy so it made sence for me to start out that way.
                        Why stand when you can sit?
                        You just have to make sure to “lean into” your shot. Just like standin from above. Dont just drop your arms.

Comment

I'm always in a ladder stand, and never really plan to sit or plan to stand. Just trying to be comfortable, and change it up as my comfort level dictates. I do lots of scanning around before making a move though, and do so very slowly.

Comment

Sit and shoot sitting, feel more stable and set the ladder up for that body angle. not 100% of the time but standing if you shift your weight those stands seem to pop and crack noise at the worst times. I buy larger diameter bolts and washers to snug up everything tight but they will still creek from time to time. I put a 2x8 under the ladder to keep it from sitting in the dirt and rusting out the legs.

Comment

I sit most the time...as soon as I see a deer I stand,grab bow and shoot...we bought comfortable stands to sit as long as possible. I will stand for short periods of time to stretch my legs

Comment

Working...
                              X