• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good luck to your son.

Comment

Thanks! I'm excited about it, too!

Comment

Oh no an Aggie!! Best of luck to your son as he gets to further his pitching career. Good to hear that he landed in a good place. Keep us posted as to his progress. Tell him we are all rooting for him here on the green screen.

Comment

Originally posted by quarterback View Post
          Oh no an Aggie!! Best of luck to your son as he gets to further his pitching career. Good to hear that he landed in a good place. Keep us posted as to his progress. Tell him we are all rooting for him here on the green screen.
          Thanks, QB! Not that there's anything wrong with Aggies, but he's a Javi!

Will definitely keep Green Screen apprised of progress; over 3,700 views of this thread says folks here are interested. Thanks.

BTW, just checked his final NCAA D2 stats for this year. His 9 Saves ranked tied for 19th in all of D2. Ended with 3.06 ERA; faced 138 batters, striking out 34 in 32.1 innings, while walking only 7.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
            Thanks, QB! Not that there's anything wrong with Aggies, but he's a Javi!
            Hog Nation!

Comment

Comment

Thats Great! Tell him to go by and visit with Johnny Estelle. He is the men's basketball coach there. He was at Navarro for 6-7 years. I just got the golf job at Cameron University. In the Spring I can come watch em play if were in town.
                Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Abcdj View Post
                  Thats Great! Tell him to go by and visit with Johnny Estelle. He is the men's basketball coach there. He was at Navarro for 6-7 years. I just got the golf job at Cameron University. In the Spring I can come watch em play if were in town.
                  Congrats!
                  Will do, Dave.

Congrats to you on your new gig! Be very cool if you can watch em!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Dave:
                    Couldn't get an edit in before time expired. Wanted to thank you for the congrats!

Also, I'm very impressed with Coach Gonzales. As an athlete in high school, he was a standout in football (state championship team member) and baseball; came to UT as a middle infielder, but was injured. Went on to play at Blinn JC and ULL, being drafted to pro ball twice. Later, he coached as assistant on the ULL Ragin' Cajuns team that ended up third in the 2000 D1 College World Series. In nine years at TAMUK, he has led his teams to five Regionals, two Lone Star Conf. championships, and this year's D2 College World Series berth, overcoming highly-seeded opponents along the way.

As a Dad, it is particularly gratifying that this proven winner has recognized the potential contribution of my son to his team by putting substantial scholarship money in play.

Comment

Saturday morning nudge, in case anyone interested missed the update: Son going to Texas A&M - Kingsville, to become a Javelina!

Thanks to all on the Green Screen who have shown interest and support for him and all the former Univ. of Nebraska - Kearney Lopers, whose program is being eliminated next year.

Comment

Afternoon bump. Thanks for the interest, TBH!
                        Go Javis!

Comment

Sunday bump, in case anyone missed it. Son going to the only Texas school to make the D2 World Series -- Texas A&M - Kingsville! Go Javelinas!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Did any of the other Lopers come to Texas schools?
                            Just wondering as they seemed like a great group of young men !!

Comment

Working...
                            X