No announcement yet.

What's your % take home pay??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It will be interesting to see how many guys here complaining about being in the 60% range will be woo hoo'ing on a thread next year about their huge tax refund. ha ha ha.

I file married with 10 W4 allowances. I don't want no stinkin' refund. Give me my money now!

Comment

Originally posted by be12hunt View Post
      Do your companies offer any kind of a match on your 401k contributions?
      Yes. Mine does. Fiddy cents on the dollar up to 6%.

Comment

76% after taxes, insurance, 401k, etc.

A lot of this equation depends on how many dependants you claim on your w-4.
        I would have to double check but I claim 6 or 8 so that I get more on my check and less of a return.

Comment

on good years 6% of my check hits my checking account, this year it’s at about 4%, hopefully it gets higher. Wife’s is about 65%
          Last edited by Texans42; 06-29-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

43.5% Maxed out and maxed out catch up being over 50

Comment

73%

Wife & one kid, max out 401k, medical for everyone is through me as well.

We also wind up paying Uncle Sam $3-4k per year.

Comment

60%

Comment

Funny you ask this today...... I randomly did the math this morning and I am not sure why I did it.

I take home 65%. 12.3% is income tax, 1.5% is medicare, 6.2% is SS and 15% is 401k.

Comment

45.7% 401k max with the equal amount in the market annually. 2 kids and wife with insurance. Some side investments. It’s close to a Ramsey approach but it works for us. Hopefully pays off in retirement

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter94 View Post
                      Yes. Mine does. Fiddy cents on the dollar up to 6%.
                      I used to do the same thing, but found out that you miss out on the company match whenever you max it out early. Basically if you max it out in September you are missing that 50% for 3 months.
                      Now I try to hit it just under the max or not max it until my last paycheck.

Comment

56%

Comment

I used to do the same thing, but found out that you miss out on the company match whenever you max it out early. Basically if you max it out in September you are missing that 50% for 3 months.
                          Good point....... I never thought about that. I am just about getting my salary to the point where what I am contributing now is getting close to the max.

Comment

Mine is a little misleading. Because of my income, I am capped at $9,000. I still have other retirement accounts set up but all after tax.

Comment

I’m at about 60%. This is with the federal government getting their cut for taxes, SS, and all that Jazz, plus child support, 401k (company matches dollar for dollar up to 6%), stock purchase plan (we can buy up to 10k in stock in certain companies and the company will match us 15%), plus medical/dental/vision insurance for wife, son, and myself. I have mine set this year so I will get very little back from a tax refund.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcat91 View Post

Thanks for reminding me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                                This

Comment

Working...
                                X