X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drew the private lands dove hunt in Wharton county waterfowl specialties

Comment

Originally posted by TXMountaineer View Post
      I got drawn for the gator hunt at JD Murphree. Anyone else headed there? We got picked for The 11th and 12th.
      I'll be there the 18th and 19th. Looking forward to it!

Comment

Wow lots of gator draws on the green screen this year. Yall should start a gator thread so the rest of us suckers with tons of gator pp's can live vicariously through you lol. Congrats!

Comment

Its getting to be a joke anymore. It used to be a decent chance of being drawn and having a decent amount of permits. This year the permits are down, the restrictions are harsher and the WMAs are fewer in a category. In some you pay 130 dollars for one deer or you cant use ATV or the staff has to take you to a stand that they have. For example for spring turkey in the entire state there are fewer than 100 permits. When they went to allowing you to put in for more than one WMA in a category they doubled their income but the permits went down. Sad really.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefyter View Post
            Its getting to be a joke anymore. It used to be a decent chance of being drawn and having a decent amount of permits. This year the permits are down, the restrictions are harsher and the WMAs are fewer in a category. In some you pay 130 dollars for one deer or you cant use ATV or the staff has to take you to a stand that they have. For example for spring turkey in the entire state there are fewer than 100 permits. When they went to allowing you to put in for more than one WMA in a category they doubled their income but the permits went down. Sad really.
            I'd rather have lower limits for a year than have them kill them off and not have a chance at them next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Firefyter View Post
              Preaching to the choir man I’m so let down with the current system and I have stated on here several times. That’s why I just build points and go to other states. My daughter and I have 4 antelope tags for Wyoming come this October with plenty of access to land. Next year mule deer in Montana again. I still play the game here in Texas though just because I live here.

Comment

Originally posted by CrossTimbers View Post
                I'd rather have lower limits for a year than have them kill them off and not have a chance at them next year.
                That's just it. Each year, the number of permits keeps dropping or hunts are completely taken out. Just a couple examples are Kerr WMA, no longer have archery hunts and Devils River no longer has archery exotic hunts. And this has nothing to do with the numbers!!!

Comment

It's nothing more than a Texas Lotto . Finally got to "buy my tickets" this week. Just contributing to the welfare of others, just like the Texas Lotto.

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntingw View Post
                    Preaching to the choir man I’m so let down with the current system and I have stated on here several times. That’s why I just build points and go to other states. My daughter and I have 4 antelope tags for Wyoming come this October with plenty of access to land. Next year mule deer in Montana again. I still play the game here in Texas though just because I live here.
                    Its probably not gonna change as long as they are making more money than before the online change, I'm guessing they have lots of guys putting 100's if not 1000's of dollars into this lottery because of unlimited applications per category now (a cap of 3 applications per category like the youth hunts would be good for starters). If that would stop they might make a change. They are not getting any more money from me now compared to before the online change but my odds sure have gotten worse. They sent me a draw hunt satisfaction survey this summer and I returned it saying I was unhappy with the current system and the fewer permit #'s, did anyone else get this survey?
                    Last edited by bossbowman; 08-12-2019, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bossbowman View Post
                      Its probably not gonna change as long as they are making more money than before the online change, I'm guessing they have lots of guys putting 100's if not 1000's of dollars into this lottery because of unlimited applications per category now (a cap of 3 applications per category like the youth hunts would be good for starters). If that would stop they might make a change. They are not getting any more money from me now compared to before the online change but my odds sure have gotten worse. They sent me a draw hunt satisfaction survey this summer and I returned it saying I was unhappy with the current system and the fewer permit #'s, did anyone else get this survey?
                      I don't remember getting any survey for it.

Comment

Looks like deadline to apply for NWR archery hunts is September 1st, so the draw will theoretically be September 2nd. I'll be Elk hunting until the 8th.

Does anyone remember how long they normally give you to buy your permits? I'd hate to lose a chance at a nilgai because I was chasing an elk.

Comment

Originally posted by warrenm0624 View Post
                          Looks like deadline to apply for NWR archery hunts is September 1st, so the draw will theoretically be September 2nd. I'll be Elk hunting until the 8th.

Does anyone remember how long they normally give you to buy your permits? I'd hate to lose a chance at a nilgai because I was chasing an elk.
                          It is 10 days. You’ll have time.

Comment

Originally posted by RShockley View Post
                            It is 10 days. You’ll have time.
                            Gracias!

Comment

I just noticed they evidently didn’t transfer my preference points from the old system to the new one.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                                I just noticed they evidently didn’t transfer my preference points from the old system to the new one.
                                You just noticed after 6 years This systems been in place since 2013.
                                Last edited by bossbowman; 08-13-2019, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X