Playa Del Carmen or Caribbean

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playa Del Carmen or Caribbean

Thoughts between these two areas. Which do y’all prefer better? Trying to plan a trip. Wanting all inclusive. If we go to Playa we would probably stay at Iberostar Grande resort. Haven’t decided on a place in the Caribbean.

lots of seaweed in some areas around playa still. If you go to mexico i would stay in hotel zone, north of hotel zone, or west side of cozumel or isla mujeres to avoid the seaweed.

Comment

Lots of seaweed in the Caribbean, got back from Jamaica couple weeks ago, some beaches covered in it. Could see a lot on the water from the plane.

I like Playa, lots of great bars in the area. And great sightseeing around down the road.

Comment

There is no seaweed on the west side of Cozumel. All the hotels are on the west side. Sorry I know That’s not the question you asked...

Comment

If you go to Playa I have a taxi drivers number, he was great, lived in Austin for several years, speaks good English. We hired him and his taxi all day for $100. He took us to the best ruins, senotes, ziplines, eating-drinking establishments. He was like our tour guide, of course we tipped him well and he about started crying. He saved us hundreds over the tour company. PM me for number.

Comment

Playa del Carmen ( . ) ( . )

Comment

Isn't Plays Del Carmen in the Caribbean? I'd go to Isla Mujeres. No seaweed

Comment

I prefer Bahamas and St Lucia. It’s all about what you want. Mexico is cheaper. Bahamas I like the atmosphere and locals. Lots of choices you just gotta decide what you are looking for ina vacation.

Comment

tagged

Comment

I used to do Playa a lot before I started Scuba diving and now do Cozumel. The Iberostar Grand Paraiso is easily my favorite all inclusive in the Riviera Maya and even better that’s it’s adults only so a little quieter. As mentioned above the sargassum has been bad but pretty sure they clean their beaches daily at the nice resorts.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
                      Playa del Carmen ( . ) ( . )

Comment

Playa Del Carmen is in the Caribbean. LOL

So you should be happy either way.

Comment

San Pedro Belize

Comment

Thanks for the replies!

Comment

I asked a similar question the other day and got lots of good advice here: https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=738949

Zach and his fiancé ended up deciding on St. Lucia.

Comment

Working...
                              X