UFC 229: Khabib vs. McGregor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
    ...and he waded through Barbozas like he was a mud puddle. I will differ that McGreggor has not fought anybody as good as Khabib.

I think it’s quite the opposite. Khabib has fought 6 notable fighters, arguably past their prime, and beat them, he couldn’t finish barboza. As to comments about Conor not being able to knock out Nate, it says more about Conor that he could trade blows with a guy that much bigger. Khabib is nervous, as he should be. Conor’s timing and overall game is MUCH more than Khabib has ever had to face. That being said I am not completely counting him out, I’d say I see there’s a 90% chance Conor knocks him out and a 10 chance Khabib humps his way to a decision for the most uneventful fight since Derrick Lewis vs Francis N-whatevergonu

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
      Khabib humps his way to a decision for the most uneventful fight since Derrick Lewis vs Francis N-whatevergonu

This either shows you lack of knowledge of the sport or you blind loyalty to Conor. Khabib does not lay on people and do nothing. He is either punching or going for a submission always.

Comment

Originally posted by adam_p View Post
        This either shows you lack of knowledge of the sport or you blind loyalty to Conor. Khabib does not lay on people and do nothing. He is either punching or going for a submission always.

It was a joke. Didn’t know we weren’t allowed to tell jokes. I find wrestlers boring. Khabib doesn’t fall out of that scope. I boxed for 9 years and I will admit I have a bias towards people with great striking. However I don’t see Khabib holding that squirrely Irishman down for five rounds.

Comment

My college funds are on the line here boys....

Comment

Just watched the press conference. Man I don’t know really what to think. I think Conor got into his head, I dunno. Gonna be a good fight.

Comment

McGregor with the upset, 2nd round KO. He's been distracted for a while, he'll be cocky and hungry for this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by jer_james View Post
                I've bet more on this fight, than any other in my gambling history, lol.

Khabib destroys him.
                It seems we agree... CMc is getting smashed..
                I went from being a huge fan of his to hoping Khabib retires him...

Comment

Look at some of Khabib's past fights when hes against a technical and precise striker.. he gets rocked, shoots for the legs and takes over..

Conor is a technician. His left is one of the fastest in the game and is more accurate than a 6.5CM..

IF Conor can combat the takedown, it'll go 5 rounds and Conor will get the decision.

Comment

Originally posted by DKey88 View Post
                    Conor knocks him out in 2......Surprise, Surprise M&%^$R F^@&€R, the King is Back!

[/QUOTE]

This^^^^^ Conor in two.

Comment

Conor is an unconventional and well rounded striker, but I think he must win in the first two rounds. Past two and the tank will be gone. He has poor endurance. Combine that with the fact that Khabib has good endurance and is a good wrestler who can grind the energy out of an opponent and Conor will be drug all over like a rag doll past round two.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody that thinks Conor doesn't have ground skills does not know the game. Conor is a Brown belt in Jujitsu. In the Mendes fight he fought with an injury and did not have the same mobility. He will not get mauled. He will land some punches. I think he surprises with a head kick finish. His kicks are very good. He has not used them enough. Kabib does not fight well going backwards. Conor will pressure him and keep his back to the cage. Conor is a pressure fighter, they both are, but the advantage goes to Conor. Have you see Conor wrestle? No, then why do you believe that he cannot?

Comment

No way I can pick a russian to win. I am taking Conor.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                            Anybody that thinks Conor doesn't have ground skills does not know the game. Conor is a Brown belt in Jujitsu. In the Mendes fight he fought with an injury and did not have the same mobility. He will not get mauled. He will land some punches. I think he surprises with a head kick finish. His kicks are very good. He has not used them enough. Kabib does not fight well going backwards. Conor will pressure him and keep his back to the cage. Conor is a pressure fighter, they both are, but the advantage goes to Conor. Have you see Conor wrestle? No, then why do you believe that he cannot?
                            I don't think anyone would argue that Conor has no ground game, but it is silly to say he can match Khabib who has wrestled since adolescence and probably has very similar bjj skills based on their time in mma.

Conor is definitely more dangerous, but If he fatigues early then it's Khabib's fight to lose.

Comment

Never seen khabib fight, but I do know it's awfully hard to deal with a striker who can throw punches from crazy angles with pin point accuracy and extreme leverage. Very few guys in fight sports have that gift. Hope the fight lives up to the hype and may the best man win!

Comment

Originally posted by LegacyArcher View Post
                                I don't think anyone would argue that Conor has no ground game, but it is silly to say he can match Khabib who has wrestled since adolescence and probably has very similar bjj skills based on their time in mma.

Conor is definitely more dangerous, but If he fatigues early then it's Khabib's fight to lose.

I read your post above. FALSE. His gas tank is good. He moved up to 170 to fight Diaz, where he was not used to fighting at that weight. He threw more punches in the first two rounds of that fight than all of his other UFC fights combined. His tank is fine. Max Holloway is an active fighter. Conor was nowhere close to gassing in that fight. Khabib is a great wrestler. Conor has great takedown defense. The russian takes too many chances. He cannot do that and expect to stay conscious. However, I believe either can win, but I put stock in skill, so I lean Conor. Precision beats timing and timing beats speed.

Comment

Working...
                                X