Headless deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
    Illegal to cut them off. GW in my area sets up on them to catch the people cutting them off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sounds like a wonderful use of tax payer money. Especially since there are 1-2 GW per county. I highly doubt this is true but more of a local myth.

A GW hunting over a dead bait deer.

Comment

Agree

Originally posted by bownut View Post
      Tells me they are chasing in your area. I've got no problem with people cutting horns off of road kill. I know it's illegal but my opinion stupid law
      I agree stupid law.

Comment

Originally posted by bownut View Post
        Tells me they are chasing in your area. I've got no problem with people cutting horns off of road kill. I know it's illegal but my opinion stupid law
        Originally posted by Big Red 82 View Post
        I agree stupid law.
        I was told by a GW that they couldn't let you have the head/antlers, because people try to use them to win big buck contests. He may have just been telling me that so he could keep it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
          I was told by a GW that they couldn't let you have the head/antlers, because people try to use them to win big buck contests. He may have just been telling me that so he could keep it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
          Finders keepers... as long as you have a gun and a badge

Comment

what I disagree with in Texas is that if you hit it with your car you have to let it rot on the side of the road

Comment

Last edited by COACH_EM_UP; 11-05-2019, 10:40 PM.

Comment

In our area last year we had the same problem. It was poachers. I don't know if they were caught but we have not seen it this year.

Comment

complete head removal is from the GW. Sawed top of head is from the person that hit it with their Mini Cooper or passed by and stopped to collect.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                    Sounds like a wonderful use of tax payer money. Especially since there are 1-2 GW per county. I highly doubt this is true but more of a local myth.

A GW hunting over a dead bait deer.
                    Not a local myth at all. Two years ago I had a beautiful 3.5 year old 10 point that I was watching all season at my house in the country get hit by a truck. I saw it happen and was sick to see which deer it was. Called the game warden to ask about tagging the deer and processing the meat. He said if I touched that deer he would write me a ticket on the spot. He called me back about 20 minutes later and asked if he could sit in my driveway to watch the carcass because he was sure somebody would stop to cut the head off. I said okay and less than 30 minutes later he was writing some guy a ticket and confiscated the severed head as evidence.

Comment

I never will understand cutting off a dead deer head hit by a car. So what do you do with it? Get it mounted and put on your wall. How do you explain that hunting story and take pride it that!

Comment

Originally posted by dphillips62 View Post
                        TPW biologists checking for CWD

Very possible for sure. Most of the time when they take for testing they paint orange on the remaining carcass.

Comment

Originally posted by sharpstick35 View Post
                          what I disagree with in Texas is that if you hit it with your car you have to let it rot on the side of the road
                          Unless it's a stud, most wardens with let you have the deer.

Comment

Originally posted by ateague11 View Post
                            I never will understand cutting off a dead deer head hit by a car. So what do you do with it? Get it mounted and put on your wall. How do you explain that hunting story and take pride it that!
                            Man look at this beast that totaled my truck....

You dont have to hunt it to enjoy its beauty do you? Hell i enjoy trail camera pics.

Comment

Originally posted by BeltonLaw View Post
                              Not a local myth at all. Two years ago I had a beautiful 3.5 year old 10 point that I was watching all season at my house in the country get hit by a truck. I saw it happen and was sick to see which deer it was. Called the game warden to ask about tagging the deer and processing the meat. He said if I touched that deer he would write me a ticket on the spot. He called me back about 20 minutes later and asked if he could sit in my driveway to watch the carcass because he was sure somebody would stop to cut the head off. I said okay and less than 30 minutes later he was writing some guy a ticket and confiscated the severed head as evidence.

Well that GW sounds like a giant a-hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                                Man look at this beast that totaled my truck....

You dont have to hunt it to enjoy its beauty do you? Hell i enjoy trail camera pics.
                                I can enjoy its beauty with a picture of the dead deer I don't have to cut the head off and take it home with me

Comment

Working...
                                X