Clear All

Originally posted by caughtandhobble View Post
    TTT for Destry

Thank you!

Comment

Tagged.

Comment

-For a slightly stiff spine you can increase your point weight or increase your brace height (among other things).

-For a slightly weak spine you can decrease your point weight or decrease your brace height.
        Hey Ben, I remember reading this way back when, but these caught my eye. I thought they were backwards, meaning a heavier point weight would weaken the spine and vis versa....?

Comment

Originally posted by AJMag View Post
          Hey Ben, I remember reading this way back when, but these caught my eye. I thought they were backwards, meaning a heavier point weight would weaken the spine and vis versa....?
          Brother Andy, I think we are saying the same thing.

Comment

Brother Andy, I think we are saying the same thing.
            Maybe so. I have not slept in about 36 hours so i shouldn't even be trying to contemplate anything.

Comment

Yeah i thought you were saying to achieve a stiff spine, increase point weight. I'm going to bed for a few days now before i confuse myself on where my bed is!

Comment

Nice write up. I'm just getting started with my first re-curve.

Comment

Good info and simply explained. A mistake I made early on was trying to tune arrows before my form was sufficiently consistent. The Adcock method calls for bareshaft tuning from 20 yards. At that stage of my trad career, from 20 yards I couldn't shoot anything even remotely resembling the "groups" necessary to discern a pattern. I gave up on tuning and just worked on developing repeatable form. After a few months I went back and tried again and those tuning methods worked well.

Comment

That sounds like were I am at now. Starting to get cosistent but I need more practice.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      Good info and simply explained. A mistake I made early on was trying to tune arrows before my form was sufficiently consistent. The Adcock method calls for bareshaft tuning from 20 yards. At that stage of my trad career, from 20 yards I couldn't shoot anything even remotely resembling the "groups" necessary to discern a pattern. I gave up on tuning and just worked on developing repeatable form. After a few months I went back and tried again and those tuning methods worked well.
                      I'm sure you just saved ma lot of wasted time and frustration.

Comment

Very good info! I use the Ole Adcock tuning method.
                        Thanks for sharing Ben

Corey

Comment

Working...
                        X