No announcement yet.

Famous Encounters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've ran into Oprah on a flight. Bad bad experience. Andy **** in Huntington beach. Kevin Costner and lewy Anderson in LA at the airport, they caused a huge scene. DL hugely and Cedric the entertainer on a flight back to Houston from tahoe. They were awesome super nice. Gave my family tickets to the kings of comedy tour in Houston. Tiny Tim in the Chicago o hare airport. Those are who I can think about now.

Comment

I’ve been blessed to have met several neat people and the only one that was really disappointing was Tony Gwynn. I was probably 8 and I asked him for an autograph (and I asked him once). He turned to me and said, “Jesus kid, I’m here to play some ******* baseball!” It is one of my most vivid childhood memories, as I was a huge Tony Gwynn fan prior to that exchange.

He may be a great guy but I never looked at him the same way again.

Comment

Then there is this hero. He was the guest speaker at a formal dining in of one of the Louisiana ARNG OCS classes I was an Instructor for. He was very humble and unassuming.

Comment

Andy dike or d i c k. Blonde hair guy super skittish. He was literally trying to climb a straight up brick wall outside of jacks surf shop in Huntington beach. Dude was tweaking.

Comment

On two different occasions I met LBJ. Once at a Longhorn game I was working and the other time at his summer house on the lake.

Comment

My all time favorite encounters...

George W
              Newt Gingrich
              Jose Lima
              Craig Biggio
              Roger Clemens
              Derek Jeter
              David Murphy
              Nolan Ryan
              Adam Scott
              Hakeem
              Clyde
              Shaq
              Gary Kelly
              Karen Katz
              Tilman Fertitta
              Frank Beard
              Cory Morrow
              Kevin Cronin
              Chris Tomlin

Comment

Walked into Rudy’s in Waco one Friday last spring and immediately noticed Roger, Kody, and Kasey Clemens coming in from the side door. Roger told us to go ahead of them although they beat us to the line. I said thank you sir and asked Kody if they were going to get them tonight as they were in town playing Baylor that weekend.

My wife and I sat down to eat and I told her who it was. I don’t think anyone else in there recognized Roger but me.

We got done eating, walked outside and right there was a blacked out F150 4x4 with a longhorn mural on the rear quarter panel and plates that read 7CY 421 or something like that.

BTW, Roger is stil a big man!

Comment

I have met a few people, David Robinson, Charles Barkley, George Foreman, Evander Holyfield, Pernell Whitaker, Lou Duva, Bil Walton, Larry Brown, Gregg Popovich, Dennis Rodman, Carl Malone, Tommy Lee, Vince Neil, Nikki Sixx. They were all nice. I’m sure there are a few more missing. Met them all while Valet parking cars while going to school.

Comment

I met Neal McCoy in the Kuwait Airport at McDonald's. He was going home after entertaining the troops in Iraq. We just talked about bass fishing while waiting on our flight.

Comment

I've met a couple celebrities, but I would say the coolest thing I can claim is that I played high school golf with Spieth. We were paired together in qualifying for the US Junior AM, 36 holes in one day. And then in several other events.. Good guy, really enjoy watching him play well on the big stage.

Comment

As a kid I got to hang with Johnny Cash and Hank Williams and my uncle Jim Bible. Watched and listened as they got very drunk.

Comment

Met Andre Johnson at Sandals Ochi in 2016. Was a super nice guy

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                            At the Panama airport

Who's that? Looks familiar.

Comment

This past week, my wife and I sat next to two gentlemen at the bar in the Arlington Saltgrass. We were all watching curling, eating, drinking and cutting up about not knowing the rules of curling. Spent 30 minutes whooping it up with them. We were still cutting up when they were walking out. Bartender says hey do you know who that was. We were clueless. It was Ron White.

We were both so ****** off. Lol. He definitely looks different.

Comment

As long as I have been walking this planet you would think I would have crossed paths with more celebrities - maybe I’m not paying attention. I did meet a few famous musicians during my first job out of college when I worked at a radio station that promoted a lot of concerts. Two that come to mind - I picked up Ann and Nancy Wilson (Heart) at the airport and drove them around. This was about 1980 when they were very popular. I did the same routine that year for Eddie Money (remember him?) He wanted to buy cowboy boots so I took him to a Western Wear store.

Comment

Working...
                                X