Recent Colorado trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recent Colorado trip

Had a quick getaway to Colorado and the views were so good I decided to try out an A6000. Here's a couple pics I took

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful! Where in Colorado? the pics of the elk remind me of Moraine Park in RMNP.

Comment

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing...

Comment

Awesome shots!

Comment

Correct mesquite archer. A lot of them were shot in that park. It's gorgeous out there. Sadly it was one of the only areas open since they were still expecting snow. Whole trip was unforgettable. Not to mention it started out by us getting hit by golf ball size hail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My wife and I love RMNP and the town of Estes Park. They are clearing the snow on Trail Ridge road this time of year and usually have it ready to open for Memorial weekend. If this was your first visit I'm sure you're already talking about going back. When you do shoot for sometime after Memorial because the drive through the park across the continental divide on Trail Ridge Rd is amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by Mesquite Archer View Post
              My wife and I love RMNP and the town of Estes Park. They are clearing the snow on Trail Ridge road this time of year and usually have it ready to open for Memorial weekend. If this was your first visit I'm sure you're already talking about going back. When you do shoot for sometime after Memorial because the drive through the park across the continental divide on Trail Ridge Rd is amazing.
              Do you know what the fishing is like in that area for that time frame??

Comment

Speaking of hail we have had some crazy weather driving that stretch of 287 in SE Colorado in to Limon and from Limon in to Denver. One trip we could see thunderstorms in the area but the road was clear and dry. Up ahead it looked like snow in the fields and crossing the road when we got there it was hail stones piled up about 12-18" deep! Cars were stuck, high centered and we were glad to be in a truck with a little lift for the ground clearance. This was about a 5 mile wide band crossing the highway, most hail I have ever seen at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                  Do you know what the fishing is like in that area for that time frame??
                  Yes, the water is a little high in June because it is their spring and there is a lot of snow melt. It is very fishable but be prepared for high water. Mid to late July the water is much lower and the holes are easier to spot.

I highly recommend booking a trip with a guide from Kirk's Fly Shop his guys know their stuff and they will put you on the fish. I usually book with them on a Monday and then take what I learn from them and fish the rest of the week.

Comment

Went through RMNP this past September for the first time. We drove the Trail Ridge rd all the way out the other side of the park and it was pretty cool. The day after we were there it actually snowed enough that they had to close the road for the majority of that day!

Comment

Go spurs go!

Comment

Great Pics

Comment

Working...
                        X