Stihl Chainsaw ?'s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stihl Chainsaw ?'s

A small sale on Stihl chainsaws. Is this a good price?

MS 170 16 chainsaw. SALE $159.99 Regular $179.99

Will not be used a bunch but want something that will cut a little firewood for the lease and possible for home if we ever get a cold winter again. Mostly cutting mesquite!

Thanks.

Excellent choice! Good price on a great saw.

Comment

I have three stihl`s one is 15 years old and has been used hard and still runs like a champ . I would not own any outher saw but STIHL !! you cant go wrong with it.

Comment

Don’t knot familiar with that model, but I got a Stihl gas powered pole saw that is great!

Comment

I really like mine!

Comment

I have a gasoline saw that works good for me and.I run it empty after every use. If I had to do it over again Id spend $100 more and get their battery powered model.

Comment

I have that saw.

Needed something that would see minimal use and still be reliable. So far it is doing the job. Lose track of time on things but think I've had it 2-3 years.

Comment

Love my MS271, they don't discount 'em much, so $20 off is about as good as it gets.

Comment

MS170 is a good entry-level saw for limbing, but I wouldn't use it for bucking logs for firewood.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

IMO one of the best buys on the market

Comment

That is a great little saw and a great price. It will do 90% of the work an average person needs

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post
                        MS170 is a good entry-level saw for limbing, but I wouldn't use it for bucking logs for firewood.

That was my thought, get a little more power for that miquite firewood.

Comment

Originally posted by JonW View Post

Agreed. I would get a pole saw if this was the main focus for him. I'm certainly not an expert but my mid range is as light as I would like to go for cutting yearly firewood and wood for the smoker.

Comment

Have that same saw and does great. 159 is good price

Comment

Get the synthetic 2 stroke oil and regular chain oil...you will be good

Comment

Working...
                              X