No announcement yet.

Work from home jobs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sales. Both of my jobs office at home. I’m a sales manager for a holiday lighting supply company and work from home. I’m also a project manager for a roofing/construction company and rarely have to go into the office, even though it’s only 5 miles from my house.

Agree with others it takes some discipline to work from home. It’s easy to get distracted during work with chores around the house (more so my wife than me), and difficult to shut work down when you are always at “the office”.

But I’d say the best part is when you need to take a crap at work, you get the comfort of and privacy of your home. Course you are also the janitor at the home office

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      21 of 23 years from home with company car and 6 figure expense account. Ag Chemical sales for 14 years and 8 years human health biopharmaceuticals. Never been happier to now work from home for myself almost 9 years running & 34 employees. No complaints from me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
      I work in Ag sales as well, I home office but spend four days a week calling on customers. Home offices are great but do take discipline. Kids not yet in school and a stay at home wife really make it tough. Lots of late nights and very early mornings trying to get caught up!

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
        Several Pope & Young posters working from home, must have plenty of extra time!!!
        That’s fer sure

Comment

Been doing it three years. We're building a location now though so I'll soon be back in the office. It's great if you can keep yourself motivated when no one is watching over you. I do get cabin fever sometimes and make up reasons to get out of the house.

Comment

I have to be at the office for a 7:30 meeting once or twice per week. During hunting season it’s once or twice per month.

I’ve had to be at the office everyday this week at 7:30 because we are running a sales contest and I’m miserable. My wife has been laughing at me because I normally wake up at 7 to 7:30 and book my first appointments from 9:00 to 10:00 and leave my house between 8:00 to 8:30.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

90% of the time I work from home. Territory Manager, I cover a full state and part of another. Not easy, I try to be in the field a day or 2 every other week but sometimes it does not happen

Comment

I work from home for a pipeline company. Everything is online and maybe once or twice an month I go to the office. Identify property owners and complete ownership reports.

Comment

It's not all it's cracked up to be....lots of distractions.

I'm not good at sitting in any one place for long, even if it's at the house.

I got in last night at 9 from a road trip and didn't leave the house today until I forced myself to go out and grab a Subway.

Comment

I have worked for a software company since 1993. 2 years ago I started working from home. We have business systems for mainly agricultural dealerships. I am a programmer but as a small company (about 50 employees ) you are sometimes called to do other things. If we sell a big multi-location dealership I may still go on an install. If support gets stumped on a problem I may have to work on it to find the answer. If I was simply a programmer I would be given a project and a deadline. As long as I finished before the deadline I could work whenever I wanted to but since I have to hep support I normally clock in about 6:30 in the morning and clock out at about 5:00 in the evening. In the past if I got stumped on something I would go talk to someone for 30 minutes about football, hunting, or cars. Now I go out and mow the yard, feed the horse/cows, go pull memory cards. It is different and I probably work more hours to be honest but for my job it works well. I go to the office about 3 times a year.....with the Thanksgiving dinner and the Christmas dinner being two of those times. My job has a certain amount of down time to it but it sure takes discipline to be productive.

-john

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                      I need a work from the deer stand job...

I know a lawyer that does this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I switched about 9 months ago. Went from being out of town during every week to home. Definitely took
                        my family a while to adjust.

Discipline and routine is crucial. That being said, I work harder and more efficiently. I can take a break here and there and help with kids or just have lunch with one of them or my wife. Get to work an extra 2 hours instead of sitting in traffic.

It’s not for everyone, but it can be pretty solid. Set strong boundaries with family etc. Just bc you are home doesn’t mean you are home.

Comment

So what is the AG Sales gig? sounds interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Atfulldraw View Post
                            It's not all it's cracked up to be....lots of distractions.

I'm not good at sitting in any one place for long, even if it's at the house.

I got in last night at 9 from a road trip and didn't leave the house today until I forced myself to go out and grab a Subway.
                            lol

I was once at home, on a conference call... got bored as I was mostly just listening. Muted my conf mic, then picked up my electric guitar... I was several bars into the Hotel California solo before I realized the pedal board setup I had connected to the PC was also recognized as a mic.

Boss: "is someone playing music?"

oops...

Comment

Originally posted by Anteloper View Post
                              Several Pope & Young posters working from home, must have plenty of extra time!!!
                              And have been on TBH for 10+ years.

Comment

Been working from home FT for the last 13 years. It ain't for everybody and you have to really be focused on results and being flexible. Also need to know when it is time to shut it down and stop working.

Comment

Working...
                                X